Need help with save files on Legend of Dragoon

I cannot get any game that I download a save from gamefaqs to work so that I can load in game… This is really irretating. Just tried a Castlevania SOTN save from gamefaqs and still nothing

Dunno what to tell you. Do other games save, Gamefaqs saves aside?

@hunterk I tried saving in game on both Castlevania Symphony of Night and Resident Evil 2 and both games saved and I was able to exit the game and open it and I could load it so it seems to be just Legend of Dragoon or something.

Yeah, could be game-specific. Looks like someone else had a similar problem awhile back:

Bleh nothing like my basically favorite game of all time being ruined beings I cannot use save files and lost like 3 hours of progress and do not feel like doing it all again.

@hunterk So I assume you do not know a fix to legend of dragoon save problem or how to load a save file in game that i download from gamefaqs I have tried it on several games and cannot get any of them to work.

@hunterk Lol I just cannot catch a break on this game so I bit the bullet and just started fresh again and I am now in to disk 2 which I was able to switch disk easily and perfectly fine but now when I get to a random fight in giganto after the battle it gets a black screen and stays there I have tried googling it but cannot find anything about a fix for pcsx-remastered all the espxe or whatever.

You can try changing the CPU from dynarec to interpreter in the core options. However, getting back to your OP, why are you using PCSX-ReARMed in Windows 7? Have you tried Beetle-PSX?

@hunterk I tried doing the beetle-psx but I can load the core and then when I go to load content find the game and load it then it just pops back to the menu screen saying failed to load content and I have went to the online updater and downloaded every single core and double checked the beetle one and still nothing.

Holy crap that fixed it I had the scph5000 but I added the other 2 and now I can load/save the game correctly thank god I attempted to save because my save state did not transfer over from rearmed to the beetle.

@fergdog and @hunterk Thank you both so much for the help I was able to load my in game save and thankfully I had just attempted it before the spot that keeps freezing and now I am able to play with the beetle core.

I just played some and it did not give me the black screen so that fixed it for now I would like to try a custom load thing but I do not want to attempt it and screw up my current save lol.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Really help me. i was struggling with this issue for a long time. :trophy: