- Windows PC
- DevkitPro with “wii-dev” installed via pacman (current versions)
- Git Bash
- I cloned both retroarch and libretro-super (Git Bash)
- Fetched my wanted cores with libretro-fetch.sh (Git Bash)
- Built the above cores with libretro-build-wii.sh (DevkitPro)
- Copied one of the above cores to the retroarch master folder and named it “libretro_wii.a”
- Ran this in DevkitPro: make -f Makefile.wii.salamander
I got some errors here relating to “nanosleep” and it failed to compile. I read that this is because an older devkitppc is needed, so I dropped version r29-1 into my current setup. The above command was successful after this and I got “retroarch-salamander_wii.dol”, which I renamed to “boot.dol” as instructed.
- Ran this: make -f Makefile.griffin platform=wii
I get tons of errors here and it fails to compile. I tried going back to the current devkitppc but no success there either.
So, do I need a different devkitppc, a different version of libogc or what? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I understand that this can be difficult to set up since you can’t get older versions via pacman.