UPDATE: I placed the BIOS files individually directly into the mslug2.zip file and it worked. But this cannot be how this should be set up right? How should this be working?
Okay, Iv’e been at this for several hours over the last few days and I need another pair of eyes to help me through this clusterfuck.
- Downloaded at least 6 different versions of each neogeo.zip file
- I have placed this file each time both WITH the neogeo roms and inside the RA system folder.
- I have tried to open the rom i choose to test mslug2.zip in FBNeo, MAME2003, MAME2016
- I had assumed my sourced was a updated romset (see picture)
- I have meticulously checked the CRC of every bios file
Is there a tell-tale way to look into neogeo roms and at a glance know they are old and should be discarded? Or what sort of emulator would run the rom in the image shown? I have gotten this same rom to run in the past so its not corrupt, I would just like to know why this isnt working and what to look out for.
This is the BIOS file that was included in this particular pack. I have tried 5+ others.
Log portion. This is when trying to use FBNeo. Weird thing about this is the crc matches the file in the bios named “asia-s3.rom”. I copied this file and renamed it to sp-s3.sp1. Then proceeded to do all the steps again (bios in rom folder, bios in system folder etc) with no luck and the same error that that file was missing. Wut?
Core Info directly after trying a launch that should work. The bios that is confirmed to work (my copy-all-bios-files-to-thegames.zip-file half-ass method from the edit) is both in a neogeo.zip file inside the system and neogeo rom directories. Something probably super simple is wrong and I cant see it.
Solved. Basically the issue is a conflict between this option: