Nes Cores and some NTSC-J games problems

I get a code dump while trying to boot “Bio Miracle Bokkute Upa!/ Bio Miracle I’m Baby Upa!” with every NES core (It’s the translated version). I find it weird because FceuGX can play it, and in my PC it works. It also happens with Kid Dracula, although the untranslated rom with Fceumm works (ONLY the untranslated the English Patch gets a dump too).

I should try the untranslated Baby Upa one, but… Could it be it because is a bad dump even if the other applications can run it? And if it is, why FceuGX or any PC emu can play it like nothing? Are the translations the problem for RA NES cores?

It’s also curious that it only happens with NTSC-J games, that happen to be from Konami…AND BOTH HAVE CHILDREN AS PROTAGONISTS…lol.

EDIT Okay, i’ve been searching for a bit, it seems that it’s actually a problem and it’s related to the games that use “Mapper 23”, mostly games from Konami , and the translations for them too (I was right on something; I can’t believe it!).

I guess that means I’m out of luck for now, then. Unless there is more info that I don’t know.

Another game that seems to stop working is Cosmic Epsilon (Japanese only too), the game stays in a black screen forever after selecting it, although that could be because the game could be “too advanced” (I mean, if you look at some gameplay, this thing looks like Mode 7 on NES, I don’t know if it can cause problems to the cores).

But then there are Japan Only games like Final Fantasy III that doesn’t have any problems and I played 100% on Nestopia, even with different translations and visual modifications.

I also can’t see what the code dump says because it shows all garbled and messed up right before going back to the Homebrew Channel.

Sorry for my total ignorance and my terrible use of the english language.

PS: Happy New Year for all of you!

I had a look at Cosmic Epsilon on Youtube, very impressive. It reminds me of Space Harrier or Galaxy Force. 3D World Runner is a similar game on the NES you should also try.

Now that I look at it, 3D World Runner is also very impressive too. Looks much more smooth than most games that use this kind of gameplay of that time.

It’s kind of silly that we’re in 2015 and I’m still impressed by NES games, lol. I find simply amazing how much NES’ games evolved through it’s life.

Which brings the question, It’s possible that Cosmic Epsilon doesn’t work because of this effect? I’ll try again anyway…

Not silly at all, I find it interesting aswell. Take a look at this:

Summer Carnival’92 - Recca (NES) - Hard Mode - Re…: http://youtu.be/EE5URFvZfHo

I didn’t know the NES could have so many things on screen moving! Even more, so many things moving without that much sprite flickering and severe slow do-HOLY SHIT THE BACKGROUNDS!

super mario bros 2 japan for famicom disc system gives me an exception, are .fds even supported by any of the cores?

Nestopia is the only core with fully working FDS support at the moment, you need to have a BIOS for it to work.

Nestopia is the only core with fully working FDS support at the moment, you need to have a BIOS for it to work.[/quote]

Thanks bro