NES retroarch not working

Is your Retroarch inside the C:/ Directory like mine was?

Thanks, I’ll try another core. I used QuickNES because I thought it was best, so I guess I’ll try Nestopia next?

Qu1nter: I think your issue was that retroarch was under “Program Files” which has read/write issues. Mine is just installed in c:\games\retroarch. I have everything under “games” in separate folders (“Roms”, etc.) and most things seem to run ok.

By the way, I also had problems with “BlueMSX” for Colecovision games, and decided to just install that one separately. I’m having a time trying to get BlueMSX to recognize all the buttons on my controller so I can map all of that controller’s keypad buttons (a challenge even if everything was working perfectly, the Coleco controller is very unique). I think BlueMSX is the only Colecovision core offered on retroarch. I don’t suppose there’s a way to get that working in Retroarch, or if it will help map all my Xbox 360 controller buttons? If not, I’ll figure out another plan with bluemsx installed separately as it is.

Thanks for being here to answer questions. I don’t know if people express to you how grateful they really are.

Nestopia is a good one to try, yeah. FCEUmm should be good, too.

I don’t have a lot of experience with BlueMSX but I know it’s hard to map things for those old classic home computer emulators. You may be best off hard-mapping them in a separate config override rather than using the core input remapping (if that’s indeed what you’re doing).

Ok, so I’m dumb. I just downloaded a new core last night (Nestopia) only to discover that the front-end I was using had been calling that core the entire time. Apparently, when I updated RA a month ago I had forgotten which core I was using with my front-end and had installed QuickNES instead. That probably works too, but it was Nestopia my FE was looking for. So every NES games works now.

Sorry. I did have some bluemsx issues too, but I’m going to try a few things before embarrassing myself with further stupid questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help though!

np, glad you got it figured out :slight_smile:

hey i installed the retroarch_with_cores.zip file onto hakchi and installed it onto my nes mini/classic and installed a game but whenever i click on it it shows a black srcreen for about 0.2 seconds then returns to the home screen. Any fixes?