Netplay "can't find content"

It seems everyone can connect to my host for SNES9x games, but when I try to connect to other hosts and when some people I know try to connect to other hosts, we always get "can’t find content error ". This doesn’t make sense to me because if I host the same exact game, then the person was trying to host it can connect fine to my host of the same game. I don’t understand what the problem is assuming the other hosts have setup their port forwarding on router properly and have no Pc firewall blocking anything. It seems like the message "can’t find content error " is bogus since flipping host and client around the other way works?? Any ideas? Seems to be stopping most people from using Netplay. We are using RA 141 and same cores and same no intro sets. One other thing is I couldn’t get any playlist or list of games from scanning my SNES rom folder. I had to use a tool on this site to generate a playlist for me so i see the games listed on the far right under the controller in the RA ui.

The tool probably left out the checksums (or the checksums on the ROMs are wrong, since the built-in scanner didn’t find them), and that’s the primary way that content is identified for netplay.

your right, i see 0|crc in the playlist. i used a tool called Retroarch Playlist Generator.exe maybe there is an option to do it again and include crc. gonna go look…thanks

edit: shoot, i don’t see any option to include a crc. how can i get a good playlist? RA itself wouldn’t create one at all

If you have no-intro sets, it should “just work” but if your ROMs are in zip archives, you’ll need to have at least one core that can load zips directly (that is, FBA or MAME) before it’ll scan them properly << that’s just a weird bug we have to workaround until we track it down and fix it

Let me see if I’m getting this right. Ok, so my no intro roms are indeed .zip files with .sfc inside. So you are saying if I install a MAME or FBA core (but not use it) then I should rescan again and they will be added properly because RA will have what it needs to see the zips in a way that will work. Is this right?

Yep, strange but true. You could even delete the core after you finish scanning, if you want.

That was indeed the problem. Worked! That was just killing me! Thanks a bunch!

Is there actually an Issue filed with a proper bug report about this?

Like you I’ve seen it crop up in the forums half a dozen times or more during the last week or two.