Netplay issue

trying to get mario kart 64 netplay goin and i got netplay , swap netplay input on and client off cuz i’m trying to host

ip address is blank as recommended and port is on 55435

i left the other settings as they were when i first saw them

i’ve set a username in the user menu but not in the “accounts” submenu wher it asks for username and password, both of those r blank

i go to run the game, and it closes the main menu and goes bak to my desktop and does nothing yet my task manager still shows retroarch running

does mupen64plus support netplay? wat settings do i need in network?

very new to this and i want to make sure i got the settings right for this and i’ll report bak with my findingz

my specz as follows:

retroarch ver 1.3.6 64-bit win7 ultimate SP1 AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core processor ~4.0GHz 16GB ram asus AMD Radeon R9 270x

thx in advance for the assist

if it goes back to your desktop but the process is still running, it’s waiting for the other player to connect.

As a warning, I don’t think netplay works with analog inputs, so it’ll be hard to play Mario Kart 64.

[QUOTE=hunterk;46799]if it goes back to your desktop but the process is still running, it’s waiting for the other player to connect.

As a warning, I don’t think netplay works with analog inputs, so it’ll be hard to play Mario Kart 64.[/QUOTE]

good to know i’m heading the right direction then XD

the lack of feedback from the program made me thnk it crashed or froze

as for analog input, i’ll figure it out hopefully

anywho, thx for the assist, i’ll test out the online play and c wat other troublez await me ther :smiley:

gone thru testing the netplay with some1 and it says failed to initialize netplay on their end

had them try my local IP and my public IP that i googled and returns the same thing

here’s my network settings as a host

my buddy’s settings r much the same except netplay client is on and ip address is filled in as mine

not sure what i’m doing wrong in this process :frowning:

You’ll need to use your public IP and make sure your ports are opened in your router.

just want to cover all my bases here, open just port 55435 or both that and 55355?

also, do i open these portz for just my router or do i have to open them for mine and my buddy’s router as well?

thx again for the assist man, would b absolutely clueless if it wasn’t for ur hlp, for real :smiley:

just the one port that’s listed, AFAIK, and yes, you need to open it on both players’ routers.

another base to cover, if both of us have the same ver of retroarch (1.3.6); does it also require that we both run x64 bit/x32 bit?

reason i’m asking is my other buddy’s comp is x32bit and i’m running a x64bit system

set up network settings correctly and both of our RA programs crash as soon as my buddy tries to play his rom to join my game :frowning:

portz r confirmed opened as well so that’s covered

to b specific, it crashes i.e; program has stopped working and then we click close program

vigorous trial n error was done and the list is as followz: same rom from same site grabbed RA updates from libretro(nightly/windows/x86_64/) and from x86 for 64bit(mine) and 32bit(buddy’s) respectively ran as admin on both ends confirmed my public ip address entered correctly got mupen64plus latest file from libretro(nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/)

and we’ve come up with the same thing, “RA has stopped working” on all steps above :confused:

Architecture shouldn’t matter. You can do netplay to/from Windows and Android, so 32 vs 64 bit shouldn’t be a problem. Can you try it with another core that’s known to work well, such as snes9x or fceumm? A log would also be helpful for troubleshooting.

sry for late update, i’ll go thru testing other cores and also get a log file of the crash

i should also add that i’m testing for LAN play now instead of online play cuz my buddy gave up on it

at this point, if i can get LAN play goin, then i can probly tackle the online play again to c if i get anywher

all week i’ve had “failed to initialize netplay” and had trouble getting log files from 1 of the 2 comps, as the retroarch_debug crashes as soon as i type in the cmd command in ur sig

i’ll wrk on getting both comps the same updates to retroarch for consistency as i’m unsure if it’ll go wrong if both RA’s don’t have the same update

again, thx for the assist hunter, i’ll post an update as soon as i get evrything i need for u to look over

side note: noticed logging as 1 of the optionz, is ther anything i need to set in here?

I think 0/debug is what you want for logging verbosity.

Someone has been doing quite a bit of work on the netplay lately, so it might treat you a little better now (or worse! who knows??)

[QUOTE=hunterk;47398]I think 0/debug is what you want for logging verbosity.

Someone has been doing quite a bit of work on the netplay lately, so it might treat you a little better now (or worse! who knows??)[/QUOTE]

soooo leaving logging verbosity off? :stuck_out_tongue:

anyways, just to b specific, both comps r under 1 router and the other comp is a win7 32-bit

i’ve tested a game for genesis plus gx and it most certainly wrks perfectly :smiley:

mario kart 64 still yields the crash after updating both RA’s to current date from the nightly folder

here’s the log from my main comp: http://pastebin.com/hC2kmcLG

again, other comp crashes after i type the log cmd command in ur sig letter for letter, double-checked so i just ran RA normally

log doesn’t tell me anythng obvious in regardz to the crash but u could probly spot it np

if i need to try somethng else to get logs from the other comp lmk

editz: tested 2 games from n64 using mupen64plus core and crashes RA when i try to connect to host with other comp

i’ll try the other n64 core and post an update once i test it