Network Play not working in Retroarch 1.4.1

I downloaded the latest version of Retroarch 1.4.1 and tested out the netplay and I can’t seem to get it working. I have two computers running on the same network in my home, and I’ve tried making a room with one of them, and joining with the other. Every time one of the computers tries to join the other I keep getting the message “content not found”, despite having the settings and rom file loaded between the two machines exactly the same. Same core, same rom file, everything is configured the way it should be, but I can’t seem to make a connection.

the automatic join requires the joining client to have matching content in a playlist. Did you do that?

No, I wasn’t aware I had to do that, how do I add it to a playlist?

Use the ‘+’ tab and either scan the directory where your ROM lives or scan the individual ROM.

Oh that, yeah I’ve tried that already, still doesn’t work.

Cores working well with Netplay atm:

-GameBoy = TGB Dual -NES = FCEUmm -SNES = SNES9X -Megadrive = Picodrive -Arcade = FBA/FBA2012

I had suspected that the core might have something to do with and I tried SNES9x, but I had the same problem again.

update your cores and retroarch to get the latest netplay-related updates:

i get the same exact thing. i can host and people can join me but i can never join them

Are your playlists generated with scripts?

Do you have each entry like:

E:\Roms\Nintendo - Game Boy\Zoop (Japan).zip#Zoop (Japan).gb

Or just the zip part?

The solution for me turned out that I just had to download a MAME core in order for my SNES zip roms to be scannable by Retroarch.