NEVER been able to launch retroarch

I have tried everything I have seen posted. I have direct X installed, redirect installed, ive changed the menu driver to glui, ive changed the video driver to sdl. I am using an old dell optiplex 960 desktop, and I havent installed any video cards yet (wanted to wait until I got this issue fixed). Any help is very much appreciated. I should mention that my knowledge with computers is only slightly above average, so patience would also be appreciated.

I’m assuming you’re getting an insta-crash such that no logs are available when you launch from command line with --menu --verbose?

Have you tried with the rgui menu instead of glui? Do you have a spare GPU you could throw in there to see if it’s having a problem with your integrated video?

Thanks for the reply hunterk. So I am an idiot. I was using remote desktop connection with my MacBook the entire time. Started the program this morning with no issues straight from the PC. I am assuming the different video cards across the connection was the issue. Lesson learned. If I have any other issues regarding this or future issues I will refer to the forum.

Oh, ha, yeah, that’ll do it :slight_smile:

No worries.