New CRTSwitchRes v2.0 for RetroArch

Right :frowning:

I do not know :roll_eyes:

In theory yes.

I have it working on other distros like Rapian, Arch etc.

As longer as the main video driver FBTurbo is being used it should be good to go.

Also in the CFG you must change the super resolution to 1920

Sorry, I’m not an expert, I could say nonsense… FBTurbo is a part of Xserver? Lakka dont have it, i think…

You are correct fbturbo is part of xfree86.

I meant to say the FB driver for rpi that used fbset commands and RPI userland. I’m not sure what has or has not been added to libreElec

Ok, i try and a report the results.

Ok, this is a fresh Lakka installation for Raspberry pi 3B; as you can see, there are no options for CRTSwitchres…

My Os resolution is 320x240 trought this modeline on cinfig.cfg: hdmi_timings=320 1 5 30 45 240 1 5 3 19 0 0 0 60 0 6400000 1

On my retroarch.cfg i set this line: crt_switch_center_adjust = “1” crt_switch_resolution = “1” crt_switch_resolution_super = “2560” crt_switch_resolution_use_custom_refresh_rate = “false” crt_video_refresh_rate = “60.000000”

Now the screen is black, nothing appears… Some ideas? It could be that I have to set up a modeline with 2560x240 in config.cfg?

You need to change 2560 to 1920!

Let me know if that works.

Have you enabled advanced options in the user interface settings?

Yes, of course. Just a question: now i have this modeline in my config.txt: hdmi_timings=320 1 5 30 45 240 1 5 3 19 0 0 0 60 0 6400000 1

do I have to change this line with 1920, or add another modeline or wath?

NO you don’t need to change it.

What method are you using to output 240p. GERT VGA or HDMI to VGA?

GBPIO to RGB SCART with: http://www.rgb-pi.com

@Alphanu yyyyyyeeeessss it work! Thannnks :star_struck: Can i centre the screen with overscan option? (in Os or in RA?)

2 Likes

You should be able to use x center option. You’ll need to find it in the cfg until the menu options are available.

The values are -3 to 3.

really nice to see some progress on the CRT front. i will try with latest lakka (2.3.1 for x64) with ati 5450 and VGA->to->RBG SCART Cable. with having an CRT-switchres-Ready Lakka finally a dream comes true!!! Thank you very much for your efforts Alphanu !!!

1 Like

Sorry… I still need your help :innocent: these are the only configuration lines I can see on my retroarch.cfg: crt_switch_center_adjust = “1” crt_switch_resolution = “1” crt_switch_resolution_super = “1920” crt_switch_resolution_use_custom_refresh_rate = “false” crt_video_refresh_rate = “60.000000”

I tried to edit crt_switch_center_adjust = “1” in “-3” but nothing…

Hello, I’m using LAKKA 2.3.1 on Raspberry Pi 4. I have a Gert VGA666, a VGA>SCART cable and a couple of questions:

1. Does CRTSwitchRes work on Raspberry Pi 4?
  2. Does it provide a pixel-perfect video mode per game/ROM like AdvanceMAME?
  3. Beside setting the VGA666 overlay in RPi config.txt, which row in retroarch.cfg enable the CRTSwitchRes feature?

Thank you very much!

@Alphanu @hunterk I have enabled CRTSwitchRes on Raspberry Pi 4 (Lakka 2.3.1, VGA666) and it works perfectly with different console titles (Sega Genesis Streets of Rage 3, Sonic 2) and arcade (Neogeo Art of Fighting, CPS-1 Final Fight, Irem M-92 Undercover Cops). Combined with the Run-ahead options to minimize input lag, this is a truly exceptional pairing!

I am experiencing however some graphic issues with Shadow Force (jagged lines on vertical scrolling) so I would like to ask: are there any known problems for CRTSwitchRes on RPi 4? if yes, what are they due? If these are at firmware level, maybe we could open an “issue request” for Raspberry developers.

Thank you!

1 Like

Any chance you could get a picture of the issue?

@scandy Are you using native or super resolution? The RPI4 has an open pixel clock so native resolutions are supported.