New gamepad autoconf process

I managed to get the controller fully working by editing the KL file but now it will only work in the Retroarch menus and not in game. It will recognize the Shield controller though. Using latest nightly build.

Hello, I recently bought a dolphinbar and a limited edition wii super famicom classic controller. I works fantastic in dolphin with the dolphinbar set in mode4(actually detecting the wiimote). I can’t get the wiimote and controller to work in retroarch. Luckily mode3(forces wiimote to act as gamepad) on the dolphin bar is a generic controller mode so I could map it in retroarch. For some reason in mode3 both "L"and “R” aren’t recognized as buttons. I was wondering if anyone could help me either figure out how to get the 2 buttons to show up in mode3 or how i could get the wiimote and controller to just work in retroarch in mode4. I’m using retroarch for windows 86x64 on windows 10. I use the newest nightlies and it still wasn’t detecting L or R, I’m interested in getting the wiimote and controller to work in mode4. Retroarch says it detects the device index which is Nintendo RVL-CNT-01. It’s just not registering any of the buttons or anything. I also tried changing the input drivers in retroarch to HID, but then it wasn’t even detecting the device index properly.

Edit: Just realized this was for android. My apologies I’ve made a thread about this on the windows forum and someone directed me here. I should have read more clearly. Still, I guess let me know if you can help.

Dumb question, do MOGA pro and hero pads still have problems with being mapped automatically in the newest version?

thanks alot. im confused about the tools(links) and where and how i use them. do i put them on my device?

somebody please help me! i can not get this controller to work!!! i even found in the autoconfig files in the android files one that matches the name of my controler…(i found the name in the USB host device viewer tool) so the key test app does nothing except its just a “hello world” app. my controller is a classic style NES usb here is the info i came up with : vendor: 0x0079 DragonRise Inc. product: 0x0011 Gamepad

input_vendor_id = 121 input_product_id = 17 i started to make a cfg but stopped there… there is already a dragonrise cfg in the android autoconfig, i just dont know how to use it… i tried but i dont think i did it right… i am lost. the controller is doing nothing. please somebody help me.

Does your controller work on android standalone emulators?

im not sure, the only time ive used it was on retropie on the raspberry

i was looking around all the autoconfig files and there is one that looks like it matches with my controller but its in a folder marked “udev” its the dragonrise “gamepad” cfg. I dont know if I can use that with android or how i would go about it. I tried pointing my directory at it, but nothing happened. i think im doing something wrong.

Android can only use drivers from the ‘android’ folder. If there’s not one in there, you’ll have to set it up on your own and then hopefully submit your android autoconf profile for others to benefit from.

so i found the match for my controller in github but i dont know how to get it in my device or if it will even work here is the info. this is the copied path. retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/udev/[B]DragonRise_Inc._Gamepad.cfg and the file looks like this: [TABLE=“class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container”]

input_device = “DragonRise Inc. Gamepad”

input_driver = “udev”

input_vendor_id = 121

input_product_id = 17

input_b_btn = “2”

input_y_btn = “nul”

input_select_btn = “8”

input_start_btn = “9”

input_up_axis = “-1”

input_down_axis = “+1”

input_left_axis = “-0”

input_right_axis = “+0”

input_a_btn = “1”

somebody please help

[/TABLE] [/B]

ok, but the main and number one problem is i cant get past the first couple steps because when I hit User 1 bind all my controller is not recognized, just my keyboard and mouse are. Does this have something to do with the fact that im on a riotboard and have 4 USBs? I found the cfg for my controller in the UDEV folder (at least I think its for mine, everything looks right) Im wondering if i can use that one? if so how? ive been stressing for days trying to get this controller to work… i have a bunch of roms imported in that work fine with the keyboard but we all know the keyboard sucks for classic NES games… so if anyone can help i would really appreciate it :slight_smile: oh i just saw somebody answered a previous post… so i cant use the udev cfg… but how can i edit it?? or how do i make my own?? i cant figure out that key test app if it involves that maybe someone cann help.

What you need to do is figure out what keycodes your controller puts out, which is where the key test app comes in. Once you get those keycodes, you can plug them into an existing config for some other controller and replace the vendor_id and product_id with the one from your controller.

but the key test app doesnt appear to do anything…at least i dont know how to use it. its just a “hello world” app and doesnt seem to do anything. Also, the USB host viewer app gave me my vendor_id and product_id, so couldnt i just use those? Or you could just tell me how to use the key test app and what to do from there… i would sooooo apreciate it!

Dunno, never used it myself (I don’t really do any emulating on Android), but you might have better luck with something like this:

Retroarch 1.34 stable works fine in OUYA, but is very hard to setup because there is no response from the gamepad and I can’t tap the touch pad in XMB menu either, so the way to configure right is edit the retroarch.cfg file and change the line menu_driver = “xmb” to menu_driver = “rgui”, now with the classic looks you can tap the touch pad and setting up the OUYA gamepad.

Retroarch 1.34 (and nightlies version) won’t recongnize at all the OUYA gamepad, because the old autopad config file OUYA.cfg has a different parametes for the pad, so when I save the new the name changes also for the file and goes to OUYA Game Controller.cfg.

the parameters inside the new file change as well:

input_driver = “android” input_device = “OUYA Game Controller” input_b_btn = “96” input_y_btn = “99” input_select_btn = “106” input_start_btn = “107” input_up_btn = “19” input_down_btn = “20” input_left_btn = “21” input_right_btn = “22” input_a_btn = “97” input_x_btn = “100” input_l_btn = “102” input_r_btn = “103” input_l2_btn = “104” input_r2_btn = “105” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “+3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “-3”

enjoy! :slight_smile:

Latest Google play store Android version Xbox Wireless Adapter config file. I used the Micosoft Xbox 360 Controller config as base. I did not see any autoconfig file for the wireless Xbox controller (at least not in the directory autoconfig/android): (Sidenote: the bold text is probably wrong in the Xbox wired USB controller config)

Where is the user genarated config file located anyway, so i can double check below config.

input_driver = “android” input_device = “Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter” input_device_display_name = “XBOX 360 Wireless Controller” input_vendor_id = “1118” input_product_id = “1817” input_b_btn = “97” input_y_btn = “100” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “h0up” input_down_btn = “h0down” input_left_btn = “h0left” input_right_btn = “h0right” input_a_btn = “96” input_x_btn = “99” input_l_btn = “102” input_r_btn = “103” input_l2_axis = “+6” input_r2_axis = “+7” input_l3_btn = “106” input_r3_btn = “107” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “+3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “-3” input_b_btn_label = “B” input_y_btn_label = “Y” input_select_btn_label = “Back” input_start_btn_label = “Start” input_up_btn_label = “D-Pad Up” input_down_btn_label = “D-Pad Down” input_left_btn_label = “D-Pad Left” input_right_btn_label = “D-Pad Right” input_a_btn_label = “A” input_x_btn_label = “X” input_l_btn_label = “Left Bumper” input_r_btn_label = “Right Bumper” input_l2_axis_label = “Left Trigger” input_r2_axis_label = “Right Trigger” input_l3_btn_label = “Left Stick” input_r3_btn_label = “Right Stick” input_l_x_plus_axis_label = “Left Analog X+” input_l_x_minus_axis_label = “Left Analog X-” input_l_y_plus_axis_label = “Left Analog Y+” input_l_y_minus_axis_label = “Left Analog Y-” input_r_x_plus_axis_label = “Right Analog X+” input_r_x_minus_axis_label = “Right Analog X-” input_r_y_plus_axis_label = “Right Analog Y+” input_r_y_minus_axis_label = “Right Analog Y-”

Another sidenote Retropad with analog does not work. If I use the option analog to digital right or left, both work sperately. So probably a bug?

I have not tried any core yet. You can’t scroll the menus using both sticks if you have retopad with analog enabled. It does works if you use the option analog to digital left / right.

So far I tested SNES (SNES9x) GBA (mGBA) and NGPC (Mednafen) Sticks don’t work, but I suppose they don’t need to for those cores. Can anyone submit my config to github?

help how do I use xbox360 wireless

Navigate to settings / input / user 1 input binds Select user 1 default all Select user 1 bind all Select user 1 save autoconf Select user 1 default all to clear the hard bind from the config

only left thumb works and dpad + buttons is this normal for right thumb not to be workings also noticed that dpad up,left down, right are all “0” keys?

Seeing I cant see any way to start a new thread…

Having a devil of a time getting controllers to work on Android. This is on a variety of Android TV boxes. Now on the model I deal with mostly I have tested official PS3 controllers, Rock Candy 360 controllers, an old Microsoft Sidewinder pad and they all work. Even my old USB adapter for PS1 controllers, I plugged that in and it works. But I just tried the girlfriends other third party 360 controller, and a friends third party PS3 controller and some others wont work at all. I can navigate the rest of the OS with it, but in Retroarch I cant do anything. Not even with a keyboard or mouse, just nothing. Keystrokes and clicks dont respond inside Retroarch, so I cant configure anything unless I have one of the controllers types I’ve tested and even then it can be iffy. The touch screen option described above isn’t an option either. Is this a known thing? Any fixes? Talking Android 4.4, 5.1 and 6.0.1, and different hardware as well.

1 Like