New gamepad autoconf process

With the last nightly it doesn’t works properly the autoconfig with my archos gamepad, inside input is User 1 Index Device “Archos Gamepad” but you must bind all the buttons manualy even if Autoconfig Enable is ON

The Asus Gamepad and Shield Controller seem to auto config differently? They should be the same because they are both Android TV (ShieldTV).

Didn’t you say it was working now?

What’s the asus gamepad? it doesn’t matter they are the same, we use name, vid and pid for autoconf parameters. If you have it you can make the profile and try to submit it for review.

Complete newbie here, sorry if this is basic knowledge, I just can’t find a more casual resource that deals with my issue. Please point me to the right direction if I should post this elsewhere.

I’m using a GPD XD and I can navigate the menu normally with its built-in D-pad and buttons, but the moment I bind the wireless gampepad I’m trying to assign to user 1 (a Tronsmart G01), the new device “steals” the control and I can no longer navigate since it appears as "Tronsmart (not configured), I can just force close and relaunch. Binding it for user 2 works perfectly and the gamepad is fully functional in games, but of course as player 2.

Is there a way I can bind it for using it as player 1 in games, while I use the XD’s built-in gamepad for navigating RA’s menu?

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

I have a MOGA Pro, I assume that I shouldn’t have trouble configuring RA on my Shield Tablet?

[QUOTE=MonoSimio;32737]Complete newbie here, sorry if this is basic knowledge, I just can’t find a more casual resource that deals with my issue. Please point me to the right direction if I should post this elsewhere.

I’m using a GPD XD and I can navigate the menu normally with its built-in D-pad and buttons, but the moment I bind the wireless gampepad I’m trying to assign to user 1 (a Tronsmart G01), the new device “steals” the control and I can no longer navigate since it appears as "Tronsmart (not configured), I can just force close and relaunch. Binding it for user 2 works perfectly and the gamepad is fully functional in games, but of course as player 2.

Is there a way I can bind it for using it as player 1 in games, while I use the XD’s built-in gamepad for navigating RA’s menu?

Thanks a lot for your hard work![/QUOTE]

No, the P1 device is used for both, what version are you running? the playstore version?

you shouldn’t have any major issues, I don’t have that pad but I’m pretty sure there is an autoconf profile for it already

[QUOTE=Radius;32998]No, the P1 device is used for both, what version are you running? the playstore version?

you shouldn’t have any major issues, I don’t have that pad but I’m pretty sure there is an autoconf profile for it already[/QUOTE]

Cool cool, just double checking.

I Add the G910 Wireless Bluetooth Controller previously reported on this message on the old thread. [I]

This is a Bluetooth device recogniced by Android with the default name of “Gamepad” This gamepad has several working modes. The one shown here is the Gamepad Mode, that you can select by powering on the device while the X button is pressed.

input_driver = “android” input_device = “Gamepad” input_display_name = “G910 Bluetooth Controller” input_vendor_id = “1452” input_product_id = “556” input_a_btn = “97” input_b_btn = “96” input_x_btn = “100” input_y_btn = “99” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “h0up” input_down_btn = “h0down” input_left_btn = “h0left” input_right_btn = “h0right” input_l_btn = “102” input_r_btn = “103” input_l2_btn = “104” input_r2_btn = “105” input_l3_btn = “98” input_r3_btn = “101” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “+3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “-3” [/I]

Hello, I’m having an issue with my Retrolink Genesis controller. Everything maps correctly except for C, X, Y, and Z. I’ve used KeyTest and they all return Keycode: 0 and Keycode=KEYCODE_UNKNOWN. They return different ScanCode if that matters. Confirmed fully working on PC. Anyway to fix this?

Hmmm I don’t see any way to fix it, it’s a problem with the controller implementation in android itself. We don’t use scancodes for gamepads because… well they are not keyboards.

I guess you could do something with tincore keymapper or some app like that.

I managed to get the controller fully working by editing the KL file but now it will only work in the Retroarch menus and not in game. It will recognize the Shield controller though. Using latest nightly build.

Hello, I recently bought a dolphinbar and a limited edition wii super famicom classic controller. I works fantastic in dolphin with the dolphinbar set in mode4(actually detecting the wiimote). I can’t get the wiimote and controller to work in retroarch. Luckily mode3(forces wiimote to act as gamepad) on the dolphin bar is a generic controller mode so I could map it in retroarch. For some reason in mode3 both "L"and “R” aren’t recognized as buttons. I was wondering if anyone could help me either figure out how to get the 2 buttons to show up in mode3 or how i could get the wiimote and controller to just work in retroarch in mode4. I’m using retroarch for windows 86x64 on windows 10. I use the newest nightlies and it still wasn’t detecting L or R, I’m interested in getting the wiimote and controller to work in mode4. Retroarch says it detects the device index which is Nintendo RVL-CNT-01. It’s just not registering any of the buttons or anything. I also tried changing the input drivers in retroarch to HID, but then it wasn’t even detecting the device index properly.

Edit: Just realized this was for android. My apologies I’ve made a thread about this on the windows forum and someone directed me here. I should have read more clearly. Still, I guess let me know if you can help.

Hey, how does mode 4 work? does it work on windows as a generic hid device? These kind of things need more direct interaction, if you can come to freenode/#retroarch I could try to give you a hand

[QUOTE=Radius;36051]Hey, how does mode 4 work? does it work on windows as a generic hid device? These kind of things need more direct interaction, if you can come to freenode/#retroarch I could try to give you a hand[/QUOTE]

Yes it shows up in device manager as HID-compliant game controller. Also, how can I find freenode/#retroarch I’m still newer to retroarch so I’m not entirely sure what that is.

https://webchat.freenode.net/ Just add a nick and in the channel type #retroarch

Hello,

I use the Mayflash adaptater for a PS3 controller (http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PS3003.html) on my Shield TV. It seems the controller is not recognized at all in Xinput mode. In Dinpunt mode i have a message that the controller is not configured. Do you have any solution?

Thanks

Dead and follow the OP

Dumb question, do MOGA pro and hero pads still have problems with being mapped automatically in the newest version?

thanks alot. im confused about the tools(links) and where and how i use them. do i put them on my device?

somebody please help me! i can not get this controller to work!!! i even found in the autoconfig files in the android files one that matches the name of my controler…(i found the name in the USB host device viewer tool) so the key test app does nothing except its just a “hello world” app. my controller is a classic style NES usb here is the info i came up with : vendor: 0x0079 DragonRise Inc. product: 0x0011 Gamepad

input_vendor_id = 121 input_product_id = 17 i started to make a cfg but stopped there… there is already a dragonrise cfg in the android autoconfig, i just dont know how to use it… i tried but i dont think i did it right… i am lost. the controller is doing nothing. please somebody help me.