[New Install] Core information not loading > File formats not recognized

Hi, I lost one of my harddrives and started to reconfigure my RA installation.

After downloading 1.3.2, I noticed that - even after updating cores and core information - the interface doesn’t suggest cores for recognized filetypes. (eg. Picodrive for .GEN, VBA-M for .gba, etc.). I managed to bypass some systems with the Playlists settings.

While taking a look at other symptoms, it seems that 1.3.2 doesn’t load the Core information files, displaying a “No core information available”, after loading any core (so i guess that’s why it doesn’t suggest cores for the roms and isos at the playlists.

correct, you need info files for core-detection to work. If you go to settings > directories, is the correct core info directory set?

It was blank (<none>?). And that was after starting a new retroarch.cfg. Is that the default setting?

There should be another config in your retroarch folder called retroarch-default.cfg and it has the internal folders already set. So, if you want to go back to a fresh config, it’s best to delete the retroarch.cfg and then copy/rename that retroarch-default.cfg instead of letting RetroArch generate a truly blank one, since the true default is more bare-bones for multiplatform compatibility reasons.

So that’s the problem, in 1.3.2 stable (for Windows, at least), it’s not set in retroarch-default.cfg (in the nightly I downloaded on the 11th too).

That’s why I asked if that’s the (new) default setting.