New Retroarch Config Scheme

So I updated to the newest Retroarch today, I noticed it has some more friendly options in the main menu, like save core and game overrides, and more stuff I think it’s really nice. I don’t know how to make it load the core configs automatically though, it doesn’t seem to have an option for that, the older versions seem to load it OK, is there something I need to do in order to make it load the core config according to the system?

The auto load options are under Settings, Configuration. You can turn on Content Specific, Override and Remaps.

I have them ON, but for some reason it doesn’t load. For example, if I save some custom SNES9x settings and save core override or save new config, it creates the settings files under config folder, but when I load another SNES game, it doesn’t load them, it loads the retroarch.cfg. And, if I run any game that uses Retroarch, it’s forcing the saves and states folders to “Default” instead of the \save and \states I specified.

Do you know how to solve this?

It should say that the overrides are loaded in yellow when it’s working. I would check config\corename\corename.cfg to make sure it saved the settings properly. There was a problem with saving directories as overrides from the menu; not sure if that has been fixed yet. You’ll have to copy the savefile_directory and savestate_directory lines from retroarch.cfg into your corename.cfg and modify them manually if it hasn’t.

[QUOTE=aorin1;48896]I have them ON, but for some reason it doesn’t load. For example, if I save some custom SNES9x settings and save core override or save new config, it creates the settings files under config folder, but when I load another SNES game, it doesn’t load them, it loads the retroarch.cfg. And, if I run any game that uses Retroarch, it’s forcing the saves and states folders to “Default” instead of the \save and \states I specified.

Do you know how to solve this?[/QUOTE] Are you using Hyperspin/RocketLauncher?

[QUOTE=aorin1;48896]I have them ON, but for some reason it doesn’t load. For example, if I save some custom SNES9x settings and save core override or save new config, it creates the settings files under config folder, but when I load another SNES game, it doesn’t load them, it loads the retroarch.cfg. And, if I run any game that uses Retroarch, it’s forcing the saves and states folders to “Default” instead of the \save and \states I specified.

Do you know how to solve this?[/QUOTE]

Overrides will amend Retroarch.cfg to any specific changes you have in /config/SNES9x/SNES9x.cfg. A full saved config ie: SNES9x_libretro.cfg in the /config directory will never load automatically anymore.

Ohhh… You’re using Rocketlaucher. Use the module I posted on that forum to avoid the save bugs. Configs will either be loaded by system name first ie: /config/Super Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg, and if that’s not there it’ll be /config/SNES9x_libretro.cfg (or whatever corename.cfg).

Thanks man, yeah, for some reason rocket laucher’s retroarch module wasn’t loading the new configs that RA is creating, which are now core overrides, with your modified module it worked fine, thanks for taking the time to check it and sending me the fixed module.