New User - Problem finding Mame roms

Hi,

Before installing Lakka, I want to test some things on the Windows version of RetroArch.

I did a clean install, and dropped some roms into a local folder. THis folder contains a doom1.wad, and some mame ROMs. Scanning did not change anything to my RetroArch view

I dowbloaded both the Arcade (Mame 2014) as the Doom (PRBoom) cores. Retried scanning the folder, and Doom showed in the RetroArch main menu. The game started playing when selected.

But I did not get a Mame icon in the main menu.

Starting a Mame ROM content by selecting " Load Content " - " Select File And Detect Core" did work.

So my questions:

1. how can I get mame into the main menu ?
  2. is there any logging or feedback from RetroArch on the scannning, telling me why a rom is not inserted into the database ?

Thanks!

To my knowledge, the only arcade set supported by our scan is for FBA. However, there are some playlist-creation utilities floating around the forum that can help you create playlists for the other arcade cores.

And no, there’s no error report for scanning. If something doesn’t show up it’s because it doesn’t match any of the checksums in our database.

Thanks for the answer. I’ll start looking for those playlist-creation utilities.

kbrants, if you are interested in using the AHK playlist generator @ https://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7802 then I’d be glad to try to help with any issues you encounter generating your list.

I’m out for a week, but Will definitely. try it next week.