Newbie - need help with front end setup

Hello, let me start out by saying that I tried really hard and did several hours of research on my own and overcame numerous issues but using retroarch and setting up a front end is an incredibly steep learning curve (for a windows user that has always had a gui) and hardly any guides exist for how to do it. I just want you to know I’m not wasting your time and tried really hard so I’m sorry if the answer is obvious to experienced users or the question has been asked a million times already.

Anyways, I’m using RetroArch with RetroFE (no other programs like hyperspin or rocketlauncher) and I’m trying to set RetroArch up as my launcher.

First I had to create a directory for my files using the command: D:\Games\RetroFE\core\RetroFE.exe -createcollection “Nintendo Entertainment System”

Which I then had to populate and add a console video&image and logo to to make it look proper.

I then had to edit the settings.conf file and tell it to use retroarch as the launcher.

Then I had to create a retroarch.conf file in the launchers folder and tell it to use the retroarch executable to play nes roms with the command: executable = D:\Games\RetroArch\retroarch.exe arguments = “%ITEM_FILEPATH%”

And lastly I had to add the NES collection to the collection menu.txt file to make it appear in the front end and then everything worked!

Except the problem came when I set the Sega Genesis collection to use RetroArch because I found out RetroArch can only play games from the core it had loaded when it was closed. (Btw figuring out that cores were not built in and I had to download them via one of the many internal settings was an adventure in and of itself but thankfully the help documentation included told me what to do after a lot of searching.)

So is there any command I can add to the retroarch config file to tell it to use the nes core for games in the nes collection filepath and the genesis core for games in the genesis filepath or do I need a launcher program like rocket launcher to launch my launcher properly? Or possibly I could just make a retroarchnes config file and a retroarchgenesis config file and simply tell it to use a different core each time?

Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully reply. It really means a lot to me. I put a lot of effort into this and I’m pretty bummed I seem to have tripped at the finish line.

Nvm, Figured it out! Just had to add a modifier after the filepath to tell it what core to use. Whew that was a lucky find watching random youtube tutorials (all 5 that exist) I found one where they use launchbox and it showed the modifier it used when it set it up. In case anyone else has the same problem the answer is: executable = D:\Games\RetroArch\retroarch.exe arguments = “%ITEM_FILEPATH%”-L “cores estopia_libretro.dll”