Newbie problem: keep Retroarch running for more than one week?

Hello everybody,

followed all the tutorials here and via YouTube and managed to emulate El Capitane on my Windows PC, got Xcode running and succeeded at compiling and installing Retroarch (and ScummVM) on my non-jailbroken IPad Air IOS 9.3.2 which was quite difficult, since I’m no developer and no native English speaker. So far so good, the PSX core and N64 core and ScummVM ran like a charm, no crashes, no problems - BUT JUST FOR ONE WEEK. After that both Retroarch and ScummVM didn’t even start any more. What did I wrong and how can I fix it, please?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, best regards

Ralph

[QUOTE=Befehle Bug;42215]Hello everybody,

followed all the tutorials here and via YouTube and managed to emulate El Capitane on my Windows PC, got Xcode running and succeeded at compiling and installing Retroarch (and ScummVM) on my non-jailbroken IPad Air IOS 9.3.2 which was quite difficult, since I’m no developer and no native English speaker. So far so good, the PSX core and N64 core and ScummVM ran like a charm, no crashes, no problems - BUT JUST FOR ONE WEEK. After that both Retroarch and ScummVM didn’t even start any more. What did I wrong and how can I fix it, please?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, best regards

Ralph[/QUOTE]

Is because Apple changed the certificate life time from 3 months to 1 week, it means you have to resign retroarch every week.

You could pay 100 bucks for a developer profile

Hello everybody,

thanks a lot for your replies :slight_smile: ! So, when I got you right, I have two possibilities: pay 100 $ for the developer account and get it permanently installed OR reinstall Retroarch every 7 days. Hmmmmm, that are both not very attractive options… No possibility for a workaround or a kind of “hack” ?

[QUOTE=Befehle Bug;42257]Hello everybody,

thanks a lot for your replies :slight_smile: ! So, when I got you right, I have two possibilities: pay 100 $ for the developer account and get it permanently installed OR reinstall Retroarch every 7 days. Hmmmmm, that are both not very attractive options… No possibility for a workaround or a kind of “hack” ?[/QUOTE]

You can use services that sells developer certificates, like uhelios did long time ago. Dont use that service because its not working. It cost near 10-14 bucks for 1 year. Or if you have a friend that has a developer account you can ask him if he can add your device.

Unfortunately I’m the only retrogamer and software tinkerer I know :wink: … how about Zeusmos ? I would surely pay 10 - 15 € a year for a developer certificate, 100 € or $ is far too much for me to invest in playing retrogames, since I’m no developer as already mentioned.

Again thanks for caring, mates!

[QUOTE=Befehle Bug;42337]Unfortunately I’m the only retrogamer and software tinkerer I know :wink: … how about Zeusmos ? I would surely pay 10 - 15 € a year for a developer certificate, 100 € or $ is far too much for me to invest in playing retrogames, since I’m no developer as already mentioned.

Again thanks for caring, mates![/QUOTE]

If it works, guess its not a bad idea. You are very welcome pal.