Nexus Player - Can't update cores

I’m using the latest nightly, and I can’t get to core updates. I get to the “Load/Quit RetroArch” screen, select “Load Retroarch”, and the GUI changes.

Then I switch to the gamepad (remote still doesn’t work in there), go down to “Online Updater” and select “Core Updater” and it boots me back to the “Load/Quit” screen.

That thing is x86 right?

Good question. I’ll look into that and get back.

Edit: Yep, Atom-based.

Most likely the buildbot URL is not set correctly for that, can you check what’s the core buildbot url under settings/network (I think that’s the place at least)

Actually settings/Updater, but I found it. :slight_smile:

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/x86

I can open it OK on my desktop here. Might it be because the NP doesn’t have a default browser?

No, it’s an issue with the index file I’ll fix it in a minute

try again please

Same thing. Right back to Load/Quit.

maybe it was still in cache, can you try again please

Looks like that fixed it. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Targren;30289]I’m using the latest nightly, and I can’t get to core updates. I get to the “Load/Quit RetroArch” screen, select “Load Retroarch”, and the GUI changes.

Then I switch to the gamepad (remote still doesn’t work in there), go down to “Online Updater” and select “Core Updater” and it boots me back to the “Load/Quit” screen.[/QUOTE]

I don’t even get that far. I also have a Nexus Player. I get the “Load/Quit RetroArch” screen, select Load, and it takes me to a new screen but its just a black menu with white system font, and I am unable to interact with the menu at all. I cannot select anything, nor can I navigate up and down at all. I don’t get the spiffy red menu that I see in the screen shots.

If I go home and try loading it again, usually I get the same dark menu with an overlay of virtual gamepad buttons, still unable to interact at all. I have tried using my wireless Logitech keyboard, my IR remote that I have working with my NP, and the Nexus remote. Same result from all of them. I might try using a bluetooth gamepad, too.

I cannot even move the selection down to the online updater to select it.

Also, it was weird that when I first stumbled onto RetroArch, it was in the Nexus Player’s Play Store. But the next day, after I researched it a little bit and decided I wanted to try it out, RetroArch was nowhere to be found in the Android TV Play Store. So I had to install remotely from the Play Store website, selecting my Nexus Player as the device to install on. This problem I’m having prompted me to uninstall and try installing from the downloaded APK on the libretro.com website, but there was no change. The same problem persists.

I was under the impression that the Nexus Player was ARM, but upon further investigation it does look like it is x86.