[nightly] No more Super Gameboy?

[QUOTE=larch1991;22602]I think my stable build is using bSNES93 while the Nightly is at bSNES94 Would that explain the difference then?[/QUOTE]

yeah I think so, can you test SGB in standalone higan to see if you have issues with DKC? Non-mess says higan has these issues: http://consume.retrogames.com/

I just downloaded the latest nightly build of retroarch as well as all the cores.

I tried to follow the example that was presented earlier i.e. retroarch.exe [path to SGB ROM] --subsystem sgb [path to gameboy rom]

This is what my command lines look like:

retroarch.exe -D -L cores/bsnes_mercury_performance_libretro.dll “I:\Emulator Organizer\Files\Emulators\RetroArch\system\sgb.boot.rom” --subsystem sgb “I:\Emulator Organizer\Temp\Mega Man V (USA) (SGB Enhanced).gb”

My sgb bios file has a crc has value of EC8A83B9

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? All I get is a black screen with a pop sound.

Wrong BIOS version

Thank you for responding but do you know the crc value of the correct bios?

Where can I locate information regarding what bios files to use?

[QUOTE=Specialt1212;23018]Thank you for responding but do you know the crc value of the correct bios?

Where can I locate information regarding what bios files to use?[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, I’m not asking for a link to the bios files or how to obtain them. I’m just curious on what the hash value (CRC32) is.

I’m also asking if the hash information on bios files required for other systems is located somewhere on the retroarch website because I can’t seem to find hash information anywhere.

Sorry I’ve been busy I’ll add the hash to the info file tonight

Are you sure it’s the wrong bios? I’ve tried all four that I’ve found

2E35EDBB - Super Game Boy (Japan) 27A03C98 - Super Game Boy (Japan, USA) (Rev 1) 8A4A174F - Super Game Boy (World) (Rev 2) CB176E45 - Super Game Boy 2 (Japan)

And before testing each one, I rename it to sgb.boot.rom

Mine:sgb.boot.rom ec8a83b9

Thank you for sharing the hash information. I definitely think this is useful to include for other systems as well.

I found the bios matching that crc32 value but I’m getting the same result. All I get is a black screen with a pop sound.

My bad that’s the wrong one, try this 27a03c98 It’s the one from the no-intro snes set, just tried it and it works

ok I figured out your issue, you actually need two files

• Super Game Boy (Japan, USA) (Rev 1).sfc – normal rom put it with your GB or SNES roms 27a03c98
  • sgb.boot.rom – ec8a83b9, should go into the system folder

larch, maybe SGB needs a different boot rom?

@everyone, I got DKC working now too, it works with the v2 rom indeed. Instead of posting over and over I updated the documentation: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Bsnes#Super_Gameboy_Support

full size

Satellaview games should work similarly, right? I tried to get Shubibinman Zero running once, but couldn’t figure out the command line. Or maybe I didn’t have the right BIOS. Having that information up on the wiki would be great documentation if someone can figure it out.

It should be --subsystem bsx but no clue on the BIOS. Is there any documentation for higan standalone?

I can only find old out of date info from 2008…

I think I’ve got it working… I think. Is it just me, or is there a lot of screen tearing when using the SGB via this method? I’m guessing that’s about accurate, seeing the graphical glitches going on with the Donkey Kong screenshot.

Just following up and wanted to say thank you for explaining the how to load SGB games. I appreciate it.

I got everything up and running now! Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the encouragement, at times it’s really important for us as a team to get some appreciation

Can someone help me to load the submodule? I try to open a GB Game with that command:

retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/bsnes_performance_libretro.so Super\ Game\ Boy\ 2\ (Japan).sfc --subsystem sgb Pokemon\ -\ Blaue\ Edition\ (Germany).gb

But I get that response:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to find subsystem “sgb” in libretro implementation.

The Paths configured so:

system_directory = “~/retro/” content_directory = “~/retro/”

(Did try the direct path too) sgb.boot.rom is included in ~/retro/

Can’t find someone else with that problem, if i google that, I get just the source code with the defined error message … http://www.google.com/search?q=retroarch+“Failed+to+find+subsystem”

Use this version (apt-get from ubuntu):

RetroArch: Frontend for libretro – v1.0.0.2 Compiler: GCC (4.8.2) 64-bit Built: Jul 3 2014

sha1sum from sgb.boot.rom is

aa2f50a77dfb4823da96ba99309085a3c6278515