Nintendo 64 parallel core help

hi hi i playing my n64 and n64dd roms using parallel core and i need help i want make my games better graphics it it possible if so help me

thanks

I know very little about N64 emulation, but I think ParraLLEI is not the best choice for graphical enhancements, it can only increase the resolution. Muppen64Plus-Next has a wider range of modifications.

Yeah, the Parallel core has some ancient plugins in it, it doesn’t even have GlideN64, it has the old Glide64.

I know why this core is still maintained but it really needs to change it’s name, most people confuse this when they hear about “Parallel” which should only mean the very good Parallel RDP plugin. This is also included in the Parallel core but i have no idea how old it is. Most likely way too old.

Parallel core doesn’t even serve the purpose of being more performant for lesser systems anymore… I mean, Mupen64plus-Next with GlideN64 works nicely even on 15 year old PCs with Core Duos and the cheapest graphics cards money can buy.

Just use Mupen64plus-next and choose GlideN64 for high res graphics or Parallel RDP for accuracy (it can also do upscaling but it’s more demanding). Delete the Parallel core.

1 Like

hi ok thanks for all the info but i dont think all my n64dd roms works with mupen 64 core but with parrei they work

On the contrary, ParaLLEI does not support all N64DD games…
I don’t know what problem you may have with Muppen64Plus-Next, if you follow the guide it emulates perfectly.

In any case…
Do you want graphical improvements? It’s Muppen64Plus-Next.
If you can only run N64DDDD with ParaLLEI, so use this one.

1 Like

I used to have problems with making 64DD games work with some guides not working for me for whatever reason.

Thing is, you don’t even need 64DD emulation anymore. All the 64DD games have been patched and converted to regular N64 cart roms. Just find those, you will be able to play those games on any emulator/core you want.

2 Likes

ok thanks again i really hope to find those roms