Nintendo roms/bios for MAME

The last Retroarch before the beta said that nintendo roms can for for MAME but everytime I run one it freezes.

Nintendo roms can WHAT? for MAME???

MAME/MESS can run console games, including NES, but it needs special ROMs in MAME/MESS format. That is, not the normal *.nes kind.

tbh, running console ROMs through MESS is a huge pain in the ass and not worth the trouble unless it’s something that you can’t run through another core (X68000, Amiga, etc.).

Note: this message was based on a wild guess of what your “accidentally the whole thing” post was supposed to be asking. If I guessed wrong, feel free to disregard.

The nintendo super system bios for MAME is what im referring to

[QUOTE=hunterk;31495]MAME/MESS can run console games, including NES, but it needs special ROMs in MAME/MESS format. That is, not the normal *.nes kind.

tbh, running console ROMs through MESS is a huge pain in the ass and not worth the trouble unless it’s something that you can’t run through another core (X68000, Amiga, etc.).

Note: this message was based on a wild guess of what your “accidentally the whole thing” post was supposed to be asking. If I guessed wrong, feel free to disregard.[/QUOTE] I know that and I have them and the PS3 freezes everytime I try to play it. I thought the nintendo super system worked for MAME

I have issues running the play choice roms in MAME git. Unrelated I know, but they have lots of issues with no sound etc.

some roms a partially broken when it comes yo MAME