[Nintendo Wii] How to Show Playlists on RGUI?

Hi ! I’m a long time user of RetroArch in lots of platfforms, and I have a question about the Wii version.

I’ve made some playlists, using the “RetroArch Playlist Editor” site, but I can’t see then within the RGUI menu. I used the same site to generate playlists for RetroArch in PSClassic and Android, with success.

When I go to the “Playlists” option in RetroArch menu, I can see the playlists that I created and I can associate a core to then.

But I don’t know were to use the playlists, to effectively play a game. I’ve followed the help session of RetroArch wiki, which points me to this:

"To view existing playlists choose Load Content from the top menu, then Collections"

But this option seems to be absent from the Wii version of RetroArch. I’m using the latest version of RetroArch for Wii.

Can anybody point me on how to use playlists on Wii, or even if this is possible? My primary objective on this, is to use Final Burn on Wii, as the ROMs for FBA are not named friendly.

Thanks in advance!

Are you using 1.7.7? If so, you should have a “playlists” entry on the main menu that shows your playlists, including favorites, etc.

Hi hunterk! Yes, I’m using 1.7.7, but I don’t have those options available. Here’s a shot of RetroArch on my Wii.

The options that should show it, are enabled, but I can’t see the Playlists or even Favorites.

Hmm, wonder if we hid them after people started reporting issues with scanning…

@vsilvalopes Ah, yes - playlists have always been disabled on platforms without database support (like the Wii), but a workaround was added here: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/8950

Basically, you just need to install the latest nightly, go to Settings > User Interface and turn on Show Advanced Settings - then playlists should show up as on other platforms.

From your pictures, it looks like you could also benefit from these additions:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Thanks for the reply! Tried the latest Nightly, and I was able to use my Playlists!

Now I will use the additions that you pointed!

Thanks again! :smiley: