Nintindo ds emulator issue. Android

Hello Retroarch forums,

I tried to run New Supermario Brothers on DS but it is Hella laggy… another emulator on the playstore runs the rom just fine but it’s a demo version, and i don’t want to pay for the full version. an for other app when if I already have retroarch. any ideas on how I can fix my issue? Does RA Nintendo DS emu use bios or something? Or is it still a work in progress?

Make sure you have the JIT enabled in the core options, but otherwise, there’s nothing to be done about it. I assume you’re referring to Drastic, which is really great, but closed-source payware. Desmume is the best open source DS emulator, so that’s what is included with RetroArch, though it’s still significantly slower and crummier than Drastic.

What the heck is JIT and how am I able to find out if it’s enabled?

It’s similar to a dynarec. All you really need to know is that it makes things much faster. Look into the core options in the in-game RGUI menu and see if it’s enabled.

I have the same issue and i cant find the JIT option I downloaded retroarch 64 from the play store using the galaxy s9 my roms are laggy and making wierd cracking nosies

There is no ARM 64-bit JIT. I’m not sure if any of the current generation of smartphones can run desmume-libretro at full speed.

well thats surprising because it can run ppsspp full speed on alot of games any suggestions

Currently, AFAIK, there are only a handful of options for DS on Android: Desmume, melonds-libretro and Drastic (with various programs just repackaging Drastic). Only Drastic and its coterie of ripoffs are fullspeed on all but the absolute fastest devices.