No Audio output // Stop a Core and jump back to the Retroarch Menu

Hi,

now, retroarch is running really good, but there are some thing that don’t work. the first thing is: i can’t hear anything. my htpc is connected to my a/v-receiver with spdif (toslink), in kodi settings i’ve selected hd-audio generic (alc892 s/pdif). but in settings / driver / audio driver i can’t select something like this. here is can select pulse, null, alsa, alsathread, opengl, jack and sdl2. i’ve tried all, but nothing works. whats wrong with my settings? retroarch is running on ubuntu 14.04.

the second question: how can i stop a core and jump back to the retroarch menu? the only way i know to stop a core is ESC, but this stops retroarch and i have to restart it.

sonnenblume

Not sure about the audio device About the menu, press F1

but there should be someting like “hd-audio generic” in audio driver settings?

it’s not referring to the kernel driver but rather RetroArch’s internal driver, that is the audio API being used.

on my system no audio api works. whats wrong? is there something i have to change in the ubuntu settings?

Have you set it as your default device, as per: http://alsa.opensrc.org/DigitalOut#Set_digital_out_as_default

ok, this works now. but kodi works fine without making these settings. whats different in retroarch?

i want to map the f1 button to the “left button” of my xbox360 gamepad. in retroarch.cfg “input_menu_toggle” is mapped to f1. how can i map this to the “left button”?

go into the menu, go to settings > input > input hotkey binds and you can do it there.