"No Information Available" Pretty Much Wherever I Go

Hey guys. Somewhat of a n00b here. I have been using Retroarch within Launchbox for a couple weeks now. Downloaded a ton of works and the ROM’s still work when I launch Retroarch fortunately. I wanted to reconfigure controls but when I went to “Load Core” it says “No Information Is Available”. It says that everywhere I want to go to. I appreciate any help, thank you!

If you’re trying to reconfigure your controls, just load a game as you normally would, then press F1 on your keyboard (or the home/guide button on an autoconfigured pad that has one) and it should take you to the ‘quick menu’ where you’ll see a submenu labeled ‘controls’. In there, you can use the dpad/arrows left/right to select which core function happens on which physical/retropad button.

Ok i’ll try this when I get home. But would you know how I could download another core again when I want to do that? If I go to online update to download a core I still get that “no information is available” message. Thank you for your help

Is that when you launch RetroArch on its own or through Rocket Launcher?

I use LaunchBox as a front end but I open Retroarch on its own

If you temporarily move your retroarch.cfg somewhere else and let it create a new one from scratch, does that fix the ‘no information’ issue? (if not, you can just put your old retroarch.cfg right back where it came from, overwriting the new one)

That’s a good idea; i’ll try that when I get home!

Dude you’ve done some good in the world today! Worked like a charm. Thanks!

1 Like