No input in Nestopia UE?

Just updated to 1.6.9 yesterday after using 1.3.6 for quite awhile now. I had a saved game I fired up, and Nestopia UE isn’t working with my game pad or even the keyboard. Games are running but they’re just not getting any input. Tried a rom Ive never played to rule out a corrupted save state and same deal, no input. Bnes works fine, Genesis Plus GX works fine, everything else seems to be ok. I even wiped out all the cfg files, databases and everything and re-setup the whole thing from scratch. I have UE installed on my system with Homebrew, and that version works perfectly fine, so its something to do with the core in Retroarch. I did try and update it this morning just to see if it would fix it, but still no input. Used to work perfectly fine on my old 1.3.6 install right before I updated the whole app.

just set your inputs again.

Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. I too am experiencing the same with the Nestopia core and changing inputs doesn’t change anything for me. All other cores are working 100% for me.

Can someone show me where I can download an older Nestopia UE core for RetroArch?

Ok, retested with latest commit, and indeed no inputs are working due to a recent commit related to querying inputs. somebody should post this issue here:

and link in this issue page there.

Oh man thank god Im not crazy hah. I just had to reinstall my whole Mac last week cause something weird happened to my user account and I couldn’t compile MAME anymore… I did NOT want to have to do all that again! Yeah Bnes is the only other NES one Ive tried, it worked fine and every other core is working great, but all my NES save states just open Nestopia right away I don’t even know if I could move those over if I wanted to. Help us Obi-Wan Kenobi you’re our only hope!!!

this should be working now in latest update.

Awesome! Just downloaded 1.7.0 and got it setup, Nestopia UE is indeed working again!