No more iso+mp3 support in Mednafen core?

Hi, not sure i should post here or on mednafen board… Mednafen (fast pce) doesnt load my mp3 anymore, the games run fine, but music is missing, instead i get a constant white noise. Any idea if this is on purpose ? Thanks

Did this ever work? Replacing CD audio with MP3 audio is a very hacky emulator specific feature that goes against the ideology of mednafen.

You best option is to find proper copies of the game if you want to use mednafen. Converting the mp3 files to wav might work too but its not the best option.

There was a fix for WAV reading that was made.

In a cue, .wav files needs the WAVE or WAV tag, .ogg OGG or VORBIS… See if that works with MP+ for .mp3?

Thank you very very much Tatsuya ! Audio files were OGG actually, but had “WAVE” tags, and changing those to “OGG” did the trick, works flawlessly.

@Vaporeon, I dont wanna have 700mb files for games I play once a year, i dont need nor want perfect 44khz/16bit cd audio quality. The 3 pc engine games I have are about 80mb (game file + audio) and are perfect to me. But I understand emulation concerns about having 100% exact game files etc, im just not into that.