No overlays on 1.7.8

Hi all.

I just updated to 1.7.8 on my Xiaomi A1 (actually uninstalled RetroArch64 and reinstalled regular RetroArch from the store).

Besides the disappearance of many MAME cores, which seems to be expected, overlays are not shown anymore and no input is received from the touchscreen once the content is launched, which makes using the emulator impossible.

Settings seem to be correct. The “show overlay” flag is set. I tried some different overlays, like arcade.cfg and retropad.cfg but to no avail.

I updated all assets, databases, overlays, shaders, etc. from the online updater of course.

Hmm, that’s not good! We’ll try to reproduce it.

Thanks for the report.

Thanks to you! If I can help in any way just let me know.

1 Like

I just had someone else test and they weren’t able to reproduce this with the latest from the Play Store. So, I guess we need to figure out what’s going wrong to make this happen on your end.

I tried installing retroarch 64 from scratch and that works with no issues with default settings.

1 Like

Today Retroarch automatiaclly updated from the play store with the latest version but nothing changed.

Hi again.

Today I tested the (automatically) updated version 1.8.0 and no overlay appears when a game is launched.

The old retroarch64 installation I have on my phone displays overlays correctly, but unfortunately it does not seem to be updated on the playstore anymore.

could someone please point me to any config menu entry that could cause this behaviour? As it is, it’s unusable on mobile unless you use some kind of external gamepad.

can you try backing up your saved games, configs, etc. and then delete the app’s data and then reinstall?

I unistalled the whole app and confirmed the dialog regarding the deletion of all folders.

Then installed right from the store.

This time everything seemed to work perfectly.

I have no idea what went wrong the previous time.

Thank you very, very much for your kind help.

1 Like