No sound on any core in RetroArch

I know I have posted in the past this problem and when I attempted to download direct X set up and install it. First of all it too Le me I have the latest Direct X version then after reboot I had sound back! Now I have run into the same problem. I have uninstalled RA tried reloading Direct X and got the same notice that I have the latest version. And then tried to reinstall Retro arch. And still no sound. Running window 10 professional Nivudia 2gig graphics card. 8 gigs ram. Sound card is on my mother board

I have already checked and saw that nothing is muted on RA. What else can I tell you in the way of information about my set up that will help you to help me solve the nightmare of a problem !!!

Try changing the sound driver from the driver options in the RetroArch menu. Dsound works on any system i tried.

Tried that…Didn’t Work!

Did you accidentally press the Mute Button on your Keyboard?

I done that a Few Times

I am getting sound out of my system. When I click on other things

You don’t just need the latest directx, you also need directx 9.0c from Microsoft’s web installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Ok. When I run Retroarch.exe. I get no sound. But if I run Retroarch_debug. I get sound I will try that download hunter

Hunter tried that download option. And as I ran it it said I have the latest version…

Btw. Why am I getting sound when I use Retroarch_debug.exe. And Not on Retroarch.exe?

Also something odd I noticed. I was playing with the game spin ball. I noticed when I press what would be on the keyboard. ALT & SPACE At the same time… I get a drop down upper left hand corner revealing Restore,move,size,minimize, max close Any way to stop this ?

Hmm, dunno. That’s weird…

For the Alt+spacebar thing, I think if you disabled “windowed fullscreen” in settings > video it should go into exclusive fullscreen, and that should avoid trigging that pulldown. It’s a Windows hotkey thing rather than a RetroArch one.

Ok hunter I solved the problem with the Space/alt button hot keys the suggested changes you made worked.

Can you please help me focus on why I have sound issues in RA?

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Can you post a log of it running without sound?