No sound on any core

I recently changed my hyperspin set up from an old win 7 systm to a new win 10 system I simply copied the files from my win 7 HD to an external and moved them over to a NEW Win 10 system I notice two problems the game play is really slow and there is no sound using retro arch for these systems Atari 2600, 7800 NES SNES Panasonic 3do Sega Master System Genesis Sega CD 32x Vectrex

If there’s no sound on any core, the best place to look is probably the audio device or possibly the audio driver. You might be better off just deleting your config and starting over, though, rather than hunting around for the culprit, needle-in-a-haystack style.

Oh man this is gonna be hell

well, first off, you can try moving it to another directory to see if that fixes the issues. If not, something else is going on and you can keep all of your configs.

If it does fix it, you can try deleting, for example, any option that has ‘audio’ in it. Your config overrides should be fine and intact.

I downloaded a whole new version of retro arch I am still getting no sound I am in the audio section I see audio device is blank audio in able on enable menu audio off Audio mute off audio mixer mute off something is not sit right here

Should I be looking in the audio driver section and if so which one do I pick

In the driver section I tried all the audio drivers X audio open AL all of them no sound

In drivers > audio driver, if xinput isn’t working, you can try something else (I forget what options are even available for Windows)

sorry hunter xinput is for joypad Did you mean Driver>audio driver then xaudio/dsound/wasapi/null/open al/sdl2??? I tried those and no sound

yeah, xaudio is what I meant. Ok, well, you know it’s not the driver, then… Next place to look is settings > audio > audio device.

There is nothing in audio device. up pops a keyboard to type in (something)

also I don’t know if it matters the sound card (integrated) is on the motherboard Realtek my other system had a separate creative labs sound card on it

Have you installed the realtek drivers? I have that issue at work sometimes, where HDMI/display audio won’t work unless/until the integrated audio drivers are installed (assuming that’s how you’re doing audio).

yes I installed them foum the disc that came with the Mother board I saw ther was an update online I could get that and try them

downloaded the drivers from website and installed them rebooting now I AM NOT USING AN HDMI display audio I am using dvi

NOthing No sound!!! But when I click on any video or mp3 I have on my HD they play fine I also goto youtube to check audio/video they play fine

I goto my device manager under nvidia HD audio under events Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0080&SUBSYS_38426152&REV_1001\5&4713fdf&0&0001 requires further installation.

under Realk tek audio events Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_104386D4&REV_1003\4&2b5000e5&0&0001 requires further installation.

Also the drivers install then we reboot and it wants to install the same software again again realteck r282

Hmm, I see a lot of hits for that error on Google, so it seems to be fairly common. You could try this solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/hdaudiofunc01ven10d-requires-further-installation/12b98c03-1a40-46d3-8398-ab1c5b50d71c

found nothing when that was done trouble shooting could ID a problem

This is a wild thought… put in a separate sound card…and not use the on board sound… or uninstall and reinstall all sound drivers

What do you think…

Is the windows 10 install a fresh install? If so did you install direct x? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35