No sound on any core

I downloaded a whole new version of retro arch I am still getting no sound I am in the audio section I see audio device is blank audio in able on enable menu audio off Audio mute off audio mixer mute off something is not sit right here

Should I be looking in the audio driver section and if so which one do I pick

In the driver section I tried all the audio drivers X audio open AL all of them no sound

In drivers > audio driver, if xinput isn’t working, you can try something else (I forget what options are even available for Windows)

sorry hunter xinput is for joypad Did you mean Driver>audio driver then xaudio/dsound/wasapi/null/open al/sdl2??? I tried those and no sound

yeah, xaudio is what I meant. Ok, well, you know it’s not the driver, then… Next place to look is settings > audio > audio device.

There is nothing in audio device. up pops a keyboard to type in (something)

also I don’t know if it matters the sound card (integrated) is on the motherboard Realtek my other system had a separate creative labs sound card on it

Have you installed the realtek drivers? I have that issue at work sometimes, where HDMI/display audio won’t work unless/until the integrated audio drivers are installed (assuming that’s how you’re doing audio).

yes I installed them foum the disc that came with the Mother board I saw ther was an update online I could get that and try them

downloaded the drivers from website and installed them rebooting now I AM NOT USING AN HDMI display audio I am using dvi

NOthing No sound!!! But when I click on any video or mp3 I have on my HD they play fine I also goto youtube to check audio/video they play fine

I goto my device manager under nvidia HD audio under events Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0080&SUBSYS_38426152&REV_1001\5&4713fdf&0&0001 requires further installation.

under Realk tek audio events Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_104386D4&REV_1003\4&2b5000e5&0&0001 requires further installation.

Also the drivers install then we reboot and it wants to install the same software again again realteck r282

Hmm, I see a lot of hits for that error on Google, so it seems to be fairly common. You could try this solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/hdaudiofunc01ven10d-requires-further-installation/12b98c03-1a40-46d3-8398-ab1c5b50d71c

found nothing when that was done trouble shooting could ID a problem

This is a wild thought… put in a separate sound card…and not use the on board sound… or uninstall and reinstall all sound drivers

What do you think…

Is the windows 10 install a fresh install? If so did you install direct x? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Yes it it from the manufacturer and when I try to install it………….DirectX set up has determined that a newer or equivalent version of directx has been installed already

OMG OMG OMG it is now working I just sat back down and turn this new pc back on checked that download you mentioned and checked it and IT IS NOW WORKING WITH SOUND!!! OMG!!!

2 Likes

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

Thank you for your and Hunterk’s help…It’ Budweiser time!!!