No sound on retroarch

well, after a week fighting with my lap for a clean installation of arch… I succeed the thing is, after readin a tons of how to and manuals, I finally could install arch, xfce4, retroarch and its cores and xbmc. On windows, easily could create bats and launch everey game i want as a executable, and on the bat launching retroarch, config per core and xpadder profiel without any problem.

On Arch, i did the same thing throug scripts.sh without no errors (remember, Im a newbie on linux :D)

but the game start with no sound when I launch the script .sh from advance launcher on xbmc, but if i launch retroarch and roms as usual, or from the script executed in thunar…there is sound!!!

driver installed is alsa and all its utils found on yaourt…

maybe, i think, i need install pulse audio, and xmbc and retroarch pointing to diferents sound drivers. i dont know, but I dont want mess up all my work… I just wanna have fun with xbmc and retroarch xd

thanks in advance… and i am more thant happy with performance with this awesome program called RETROARCH on ARCH

HASTA LA VISTA

For advanced launcher, you don’t need any scripts, just plug the launch command into it directly. Which audio driver are you currently using? ALSA? OSS?

ALSA… and I dont like navigate throu billion of roms for each emulator… i create scripts to have any game of any platform in just one list, for example… in the same list i have super mario world for retroarch with config file argument and the same thing to killer instinct 2 in mame2013 retroarch core (and i do the same for other roms in mame); with the scripst what i do is create just one executable for one game, dont know if i explaine myself well… advance launcher gives 2 options, stand alone launcher, or file launcher, and i select stand alone pointing to the script.

now, when i launch a game this way, sometimes games start with sound, and sometimes without it, to me, is a sound driver confict between retroarch and xbmc… but im not an expert…

Since verson 12 (Frodo) of XBMC, the new audio system takes complete control of the audio driver, so due to this I use solo mode on RCB for XBMC, this way I taskkill XBMC before starting the emulators or pc games then have it restart XBMC when done. It’s been too long since I’ve played around with XBMC on Linux but it shouldn’t be hard to incorporate something like that into the scripts you are using for Advance Launcher.

Hi, I have Hp laptop. Yesterday I just downloaded retroarch. The games are working fine. Trying to figure out how to put sound on while playing games. Can someone please thanks.

You shouldn’t have to do anything. Are you trying to do audio over HDMI?

no at first games didn’t come with sound. You could play games but no sound. My friend helps me out with the situation. Had to change some setting. Games sound works well now. Now trying figure how to use cheats (Game Genie) out. For myself kind of new to Retroarch.