No Thumbnails

Whenever i go into online updater then thumbnail updater, it says “Failed Downloading Index”. any ideas?

I had the same problem. Turns out they went over the bandwidth limit on the server that is hosting the thumbnails. This will reportedly be fixed when 1.3.5 comes out. In the meantime you can download the thumbnails from GitHub and install them yourself manually.

I’ve made a tool that will pull the RetroArch thumbs and build the playlist files, if you are using Windows:

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5832

No luck with the program didn’t pull any thumbs so i added my own and retroarch would crash when i scrolled through some games with thumbs. i guess ill wait for 1.3.5

If it doesn’t pull the thumbs, that means the filenames do not match the database. If the names in the playlist have a crc of 0, that means the filenames do not match the names in the Retoarch database.

So your options are to manually find thumbs, or open the Databasefiles(EMULATORNAME).dat file and make sure your rom files are named properly to the database and rerun.

I can look further into this, if you provide me some problem rom filenames and the game system they run on.

Keep in mind that it only supports PNG files for thumbnails right now. I’ve used pictures found online as thumbnails, you just need to rename it to however it shows up in Retroarch when scanned, and convert it to png format if you have to.

Only have a few games its for SNES emulator snesx9.

here’s what i have and the pics i used all .png files

Now when i dowloaded the roms i deleted the parts in parenthesis like (U) etc… if that made it fail the database search for thumbs, but i don’t know most of the pictures make retroarch crash, some work, and they’re all the same size (800x480). Hope that helps

(and no the retroarch thumbnails isn’t the directory that’s just a separate folder)

[QUOTE=Man lvl 2;39532]Only have a few games its for SNES emulator snesx9.

here’s what i have and the pics i used all .png files

Now when i dowloaded the roms i deleted the parts in parenthesis like (U) etc… if that made it fail the database search for thumbs, but i don’t know most of the pictures make retroarch crash, some work, and they’re all the same size (800x480). Hope that helps

(and no the retroarch thumbnails isn’t the directory that’s just a separate folder)[/QUOTE]

If you want my tool to scan these, you’ll have to add the (USA) or other country back to the filename. If you run a command line in the directory you can use this to batch rename:

for %a in (*.sfc) do ren "%~a" "%~na (USA)%~xa"

Other titles that do not match the database:

MegaMan X needs to be renamed Mega Man X (USA) Super Metroid needs to be renamed to Super Metroid (Japan, USA) (En,Ja)

Thank you so much for your help RandomRAUser! your tool is great!

Does anybody have a link to download the thumbnails? I know they are on github, but they do not download from there. It fails every time in every browser on multiple machines. They also will not download via retroarch. Anybody have them on a shared drive somewhere? :slight_smile:

https://thumbnails.libretro.com/