Noob controller question

I have retroarch setup and it is working with a keyboard fine. But i have a frisby plug inplay ps3 look a like controller but can not get it working. When i click on the autocontroller.cfg my controller shows up and works but that is it. How do i get this working?

For most controllers, you go into settings > input settings, make sure that ‘autoconfig’ is ON and then go down to the ‘bind all’ selection and hit the corresponding buttons on your pad when prompted.

I did what you said and it takes my button presses then nothing it does not work. Any thing else i need to to do? If it helps my gamepad is a directinput.

I guess I should make sure: are you using a nightly build or 1.0.0.2? The instructions I gave may only work well on a nightly. If you need to upgrade, just backup your old installation folder (in case the nightly doesn’t help you can revert back to it) and download the latest build for your architecture from buildbot.libretro.com.

Still don’t work. It captures my controller in player 1 bind all. but theres no config created. Is it automaticly suppose to make a cfg file and load it? Maybe i need to buy a xinput controller instead of my dinput. I wish there was a setup video for dinput controllers.

No, it’s supposed to write it to the retroarch.cfg. If you want to make an autoconfig, you can take the appropriate parts out and make a separate file.

You might also try using retroarch-joyconfig, which you need to launch from the command line but it will write out the config assignments to a file (I forget the exact syntax you need to use to launch it; launch it with --help and it should print them, IIRC).

Does anyone know the exact syntax to create an autoconfig file for the controller?

Ok i just picked up a logitech F310 with xinput. I will try it later. Thanks for your help i figured it out so now the logitech F310 xinput and my frisby dinput controller works. I was binding when i opened retroarch and all i needed to do is select a core first then bind all.