NOOB - Help to Configure and run MAME

Hi,

I’m using retroarch for windows and I’m trying run MAME roms for three days but I did not make it,

I found a lot of reviews how to do, but only for linux or raspberry.

Someone could help me to configure and run MAME?

I saw that is needed to create a lot of folders for it different other emulators, correct?

Tks.

Take a look at Simply Austin’s guide, also may I ask why you want to set up MAME? Can’t you run all of MAME’s systems in Retro Arch? Maybe if you have your heart set on a particular MAME ROM pack, I guess I could see that, but I’m likely just gonna stick with Retro Arch, perhaps you should too.

Here’s another shorter one

[QUOTE=mayhay;50539]Take a look at Simply Austin’s guide, also may I ask why you want to set up MAME? Can’t you run all of MAME’s systems in Retro Arch? Maybe if you have your heart set on a particular MAME ROM pack, I guess I could see that, but I’m likely just gonna stick with Retro Arch, perhaps you should too.

Here’s another shorter one

I want do use retroarch, these options are not I wanted.

In future I intend to install lakka in raspberry

For most games, you just need to get the correct ROM for the core (we have a bunch of MAME snapshots that balance speed against compatibility, and you’ll need to get ROM that match the specific version) and then load core > load content.

The folder structure stuff is only needed for running console games via MESS or if you want to do any really advanced MAME configuration.

[QUOTE=hunterk;50587]For most games, you just need to get the correct ROM for the core (we have a bunch of MAME snapshots that balance speed against compatibility, and you’ll need to get ROM that match the specific version) and then load core > load content.

The folder structure stuff is only needed for running console games via MESS or if you want to do any really advanced MAME configuration.[/QUOTE] In other words if doesn’t work is because the rom is not correct for research, correct?

Retroarch should recognize rom automatically?

Is it necessary to put dll with core in rom’s folder?

What model rom you use? I tried 037b5 and .198

Usually, yes.

You won’t be able to scan for MAME ROMs, but the ‘load core’ > ‘load content’ method should work fine.

I usually use MAME2003 (v078) or FBA.

[QUOTE=hunterk;50635]Usually, yes.

You won’t be able to scan for MAME ROMs, but the ‘load core’ > ‘load content’ method should work fine.

I usually use MAME2003 (v078) or FBA.[/QUOTE]

Fba can run mame games?

O need put mame2003_libretro or final_burn_alpha in rom’s folder?

In emulation station I could start running only using mame.exe but when start opening the window closes like if it’s not recognized.

FBA runs its own games but they’re a subset of MAME ROMs from a certain era, depending on the FBA version. You should just download FBA ROMs from their own sets.

The core libraries should live in your libretro directory, not with the ROMs. In linux, this is typically /usr/lib/libretro, but retropie may put them somewhere else.