NOOB help with setup

Hi everyone. Before you judge too harshly I’m new to the whole android world.

I downloaded the app and tried watching every video I could on setting up the cores and loading content. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I have a Samsung s7.

I have spent all day messing with this and I don’t know where else to go for info. It’s a bit insulting being that it seems so simple for someone with basic knowledge which I have. I don’t know own if it’s because my folders aren’t setup properly or the ROMS I’m getting are corrupted. Anyways. I would really appreciate any help with this.

Just download any cores you want from the online updater, then select load and detect core and select your rom, done. Also in directory settings set your roms folder.

Ok. So. I have went that far. I found where I specify the directives in the settings so I can use my sd card.

Regarding the ROMS. When I find the emulator and load the core. When I go to load content. There is no content to load. Even when I go to the specified directory. Nothing. Is it because the files are in .iso and .zip and can’t be read until extracted somehow?

Ok. I found in settings where I can manipulate and set my directories.

I have also loaded the cores that I have downloaded. When I go to load content. Nothing. I can’t find the content anywhere. Is it because some of the files are in .iso or .zip? Again. I’m learning the android OS. On some of the videos I’ve watched, it seems that the content self populatedefense when they chose their cores.

Well, if you’re expecting the app to find the ROMs on its own, it won’t. On android, everything you download should be in the downloads folder, which often will need to be navigated to when you load the ROMs.

If you have not set the ROM directory to downloads do the following and see you you can get a ROM to load.

Select “load Content” Select “select Downloaded file and detect core” That should show you your downloads folder. Select your rom (zips are okay) Select the core you want to run from the list that pops up Cross your fingers.

[QUOTE=korokinopio;48307]Well, if you’re expecting the app to find the ROMs on its own, it won’t. On android, everything you download should be in the downloads folder, which often will need to be navigated to when you load the ROMs.

If you have not set the ROM directory to downloads do the following and see you you can get a ROM to load.

Select “load Content” Select “select Downloaded file and detect core” That should show you your downloads folder. Select your rom (zips are okay) Select the core you want to run from the list that pops up Cross your fingers.[/QUOTE]

So, I have already done that. That is where the issue lies. Here is what I did for an example:

When I navigate to load content and select “Downloaded File and Detect core”, nothing shows. I checked for the cores using “My files” and they are right there. I even navigate to the file directory myself and they are not populated.

And yes. I am aware the app does not find the ROMS on my own. :slight_smile: The entire issue revolves around the app detecting the files. It has to be something simple that Im missing.

Thanks

‘downloaded file and detect core’ refers to files you’ve downloaded through the ‘add content’ downloader, such as the many test ROMs we make available. You want ‘load content’ > ‘select file and detect core’

Man,I got here late.

Try checking the app permission settings to make sure RetroArch has the storage permission enabled.

If that’s not it,you might need to make sure the games aren’t compressed in a zip,rar, or 7zip file by uncompressing them with a file explorer or 7zipper in the case of 7zip “.7z” files.