Noob Problem: Pokemini Core Isn't Working

Huge RetroArch fan here. I recently downloaded the 1.6.7. version on my 32 bit Windows OS. All of my cores work, but I can’t get my pokemini_libretro.dll core to work. My roms are all good dumps and have the .min extension.

I noticed that the core info file suggests that you may need a bios file for this core. I tried the core with and without the bios.min file in my system folder and still nothing works. Just for clarification, the core won’t load any games, it’s not just a black screen, so I’m having core issues, not rom specific issues, at least I think.

Anyone know where I’m going wrong??

Can you post a log of you trying to load a ROM? That’ll help us figure out what’s going on, exactly.

Thanks for the reply @hunterk. TBH I load roms through a front end (LaunchBox). I have checked my command line parameters multiple times and there are no issues with the front end involved so that’s not the issue.

How do you make a log of trying to load a rom? Sorry if I’m a noob :slight_smile:

Edit: I figured out what the problem was. It’s REALLY simple. I use folders that contain all of my roms that I load through LaunchBox. Here’s the issue: I named that folder Nintendo Pokémon Mini. It wouldn’t load through LB because there’s a compatibility issue with RA and LB when you use directories w/ special characters such as the weird apostrophe mark on the word Pokémon.

After testing loading the roms through RA, and it working, I retitled the folder Nintendo Pokémon Mini, to Nintendo Pokemon Mini (w/out the apostrophe) and everything works fine now! :smile: Really simple solution!

Ah, good catch :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing your solution.