NSW Button Mapping for RetroArch

The Nintendo Switch recently got a new update which introduced Button Mapping. I think it’s a great implementation and very intuitive to use thanks to the image of the actual controller with all its buttons labeled.

Personally I like Retroarch’s current Controls Remap option and find it simple to use. Though I have read some user comments that have problems getting used to it. So I think a similar design as the NSW Button Mapping would be a great fit for RetroArch, providing an even easier configuration with a better overview than the current list format:

2 Likes

I agree with you: the current list format is understandable but not so user-friendly in my opinion. A simple image is always the quickest, most intuitive and definitely best solution for things like this.

Also, I believe that some additional options about buttons (re)mapping would be appreciated by most users: I tried to bring my thoughts and suggestions to the attention of RetroArch development team but I feel unsuccessful, unfortunately … :slightly_frowning_face:

See HERE

1 Like