Numerous Issues with Beetle PSX

I am having a really tough time with beetle PSX right now. I don’t know if it is just me or what, but lots of thing that used to work just fine now no longer work.

Scaling the internal resolution causes an immediate crash. This happens in the software render, or in beetle PSX hardware in the vulkan render. If I play with opengl, I get a black screen with only the audio playing.

The controller settings default to dual shock, which doesn’t work. PS1 joypad setting does work, but I have to set it manually every single time I load a game. Saving core overrides, or saving a controller remap doesn’t not fix this issue.

I am using RA 1.60 in windows 10. I have an intel 7700K CPU, a GTX 1080 GPU with up-to-date drivers, and 16GB of memory.

I have tried resetting all of my RA settings, including removing the core-options file, updating Beetle PSX, and removing the retroarch.cfg file, so I am essentially working from stock. The same problems persist.

I am not using any shaders or video filters. Manually setting the graphics and inputs drivers doesn’t seem to make a difference, although manually setting the driver to vulkan gets beetle psx HW to run at all, but only at 1x native resolution.

I am not too upset about losing the scaling on the internal resolution, but I really need the default controller profile to work. Having to manual set controls every single time I load a game is a deal breaker for me…

Does OpenGL work for you now (no longer black screen with sound) with the latest core fixes? @mothergoose729

@mothergoose729 Update RA and the core. Several issues you listed should be fixed.