NVIDIA Shield feedback on 1.2.2

Handy core (Atari Lynx) is not rendering properly on Shield Portable (this is a regression).

Mednafen Wonderswan core is broken on Android too (also a regression)

Multiplayer working in all cores except Stella and Virtual Jaguar cores (for some reason).

Nvidia Shield Portable with Android 5.1.

Installed 1.2.2 version and have strange controller issue. When I load the game the controller doesn’t work at all. I need to navigate with touch control and go to menu, when I go back to the game - voila! controller works again… I need to do that every time when I load a game… I tested this for N64 and PSX. PSX menu works fine. Mupen64 has this strange issue.

I run some N64 games and it MUCH slower than 1.0.x version. Zelda Majora’s Mask - verryyyyy slown (even at 36-60fps) with sound stuttering all the time. Banjo-Kazzoie works perfectly on 1.0.x here some very noticeable slowdowns (strange, but framerate doesn’t change) and sound stuttering often.

On 1.0.0.x version Banjo and Zelda Majoras works very fast with zero sound issues…

Thanks

[QUOTE=sf1;25985]Nvidia Shield Portable with Android 5.1.

Installed 1.2.2 version and have strange controller issue. When I load the game the controller doesn’t work at all. I need to navigate with touch control and go to menu, when I go back to the game - voila! controller works again… I need to do that every time when I load a game… I tested this for N64 and PSX. PSX menu works fine. Mupen64 has this strange issue.

I run some N64 games and it MUCH slower than 1.0.x version. Zelda Majora’s Mask - verryyyyy slown (even at 36-60fps) with sound stuttering all the time. Banjo-Kazzoie works perfectly on 1.0.x here some very noticeable slowdowns (strange, but framerate doesn’t change) and sound stuttering often.

On 1.0.0.x version Banjo and Zelda Majoras works very fast with zero sound issues…

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I guess by now it’s clear that Mupen64 has taken a big speed hit thanks to the ‘refactorings’ that I backported from upstream. Sorry about that, in this case the (enlighted or not) decision was taken to try to be as close to upstream as possible, but I do have to admit these kind of speed hits are not acceptable.

I will be trying to cut down on this speed hit we’ve taken as much as possible in the future.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;25998]I guess by now it’s clear that Mupen64 has taken a big speed hit thanks to the ‘refactorings’ that I backported from upstream. Sorry about that, in this case the (enlighted or not) decision was taken to try to be as close to upstream as possible, but I do have to admit these kind of speed hits are not acceptable.

I will be trying to cut down on this speed hit we’ve taken as much as possible in the future.[/QUOTE]

I think problem is somewhere else. Banjo Kazzoie is really slow even at 52 fps! I play, everything is smooth, 52 fps, then slowdown and audio stuttering begins - but fps doesn’t change! Zelda Mask superslow at 35-60 fps, in RetroArch 1.0.0.x original game framerate was 20fps and the game wasn’t slow.

I think the sound stuttering problem is because now RetroArch 1.2.2 doesn’t respect original game framerate. Mario 64 is 30 fps game, in version 1.0.0.x it run 30 fps, in 1.2.2 - 60fps. Even if in core option I select Framerate - Original. I have same audio issue with 1.0.0.x when I put the framerate to Fullspeed.

And this weird menu problem, to make the controller works in Mupen64 I need to enter to menu first, then gamepad starts working…

You’re using threaded video, the FPS counter isn’t accurate with threaded video enabled. Simple as that.

And this weird menu problem, to make the controller works in Mupen64 I need to enter to menu first, then gamepad starts working…

How do you launch the game without going thru the menu?

nVidia Shield Tablet -

The default menus are hard to navigate due to the ‘touch’ not registering. I have to touch the same menu item 3-10 times for it to register. The controller overlay is not displaying in Genesis Plus so I can’t control it and I didn’t see a menu option to make it display it. Overall this is much better then the previous base release as that one didn’t even let you download cores.