Nvidia Shield Portable

Is anyone here using retroarch on the Nvidia Shield Portable?

I’m thinking of getting one and looking for some insight. Which systems are playable? Are they playable with crt shaders? How about sabr?

I have two! Works great, except for mupen, it’s broken since the 5.0 update.

CRT shaders… no way, it doesn’t have enough shader power, maybe crt-easymode but no easymode halation

do yabause and mednafen-psx run ok?

No, but for PSx you can use PCSX ReArmed

I think I can live with that. How about desmume?

Would you say the shield is a good choice if I have a pc with nvidia gpu capable of streaming? Or should I go with something else like a raspberry pi based device or modded vita or 3ds or something ?

I thought the Shield Portable was discontinued ever since the tablet came out – which is a shame, as I like the form factor a lot better. Was looking to get one myself but don’t want to buy into technology which is already ‘dead’.

I’ve seen rumors of a possible Shield Portable 2 in the future, but not sure on the status of the existing one or the tablet (never touched either).

I do know from experience that the Shield TV does have the power to run easymode halation though.

Soo… I’m new, can’t seem to make a new post and am having some trouble.

The menus scroll erratically and it crashes when I try to run PSP.

I tried downloading the PPSSPP emulator thing, but then that also behaved erratically, like going through several menu items with one press.

Any ideas on what’s going on?