NVidia Shield

hi

any change tha RGUI menu to work with input options?

thanks

Hey here is the repo: https://github.com/DukedDroid/RetroidNetplay

To the retroarch team: My project is not trying to fork or take over your success. I just pushed my apk on the playstore because if your DMCA and as soon as you guys are back in the store I’ll happily remove it. I see it as a temporary solution for people to enjoy retroarch while it’s not there. Obviously I had to change the name/packages because org.retroarch was already known to the google play store. Anyway for now it’s very basic but I have a lot of work in progress on my local repo and as soon as they are tested I’ll push that on github and hopefully merge it with the main branch of retroarch

Any chance someone could do a video of the new mame build showing sh3 to get an idea how powerful the shield is(or isnt) have seen sh2 and 68ec020 games running ok but sh3 is a totally different beast and these cave shooters are to die for cheers

caz

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ilty&hl=en

From Nyko PlayPad Description:

“Designed specifically for use with the NVIDIA® SHIELD™ running the latest Android 4.3 operating system. It is also compatible with other devices running Android 4.3.”

DROOL! Apparently the Nvidia Shield is going to drop a bombshell and upgrade to the latest Android 4.3 OS this coming firmware! Now it’s almost impossible to wait for the new firmware as the Sound Latency bug could almost nearly be squashed if this is true!

Credit where it is due, user over at the GeForce forums(NathanZal) discovered the discrepancy

The Android 4.3 update was released today. Will I have issues running RetroArch if I update to 4.3?

Nope, go for it.

Holy! I just tested the latest Mupen64AE Plus on the Shield with the “gles2glide64” plugin on a bunch of games, it’s incredible, playing at almost perfect speed. Conker’s Bad Fur Day is an ungodly improvement, almost no stuttering or static even with 0 frameskip used! It’s such an amazing difference, please give it a try with the latest firmware update and the latest Mupen64AEPlus. Tested Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, and Goldeneye. WOW, just incredible…

I don’t need to test it, I already noticed similar improvements in Mupen64plus libretro with the latest Shield Android ROM.

Looks like they optimized the driver for the specific GL codepath Glide64 uses.

Hey. I asked you sometime ago if the n64core will be released this year and you said that if you don’t you would have done something majorly wrong(not the exact words) are you still be able to do it?

Something will be released by the end of this year, yeah. How well it runs will depend on the hardware. On nVidia Shield most games with Glide64 should now run at fullspeed (and some games that don’t run at fullspeed at internal resolution 640x480 will run at fullspeed with 320x240).

Thanks for the answer. I guess a iPad 4 or iPad air will do the job…?

I don’t know. And an iPad Air can’t be jailbroken right now so you can’t even use a dynarec in an emu - so no hope of getting fullspeed until it can be jailbroken.

Do you happen to know if Majora’s Mask uses Glide64? It is the one N64 game I still want to play but have been waiting for RetroArch to play it because RetroArch has worked so well in the other emulators without using frameskipping. I’d love to play Majora’s Mask the same way.

I don’t know. And an iPad Air can’t be jailbroken right now so you can’t even use a dynarec in an emu - so no hope of getting fullspeed until it can be jailbroken.[/quote]

Are you able to try it on an iPhone 5 or iPad 4?

I don’t know. And an iPad Air can’t be jailbroken right now so you can’t even use a dynarec in an emu - so no hope of getting fullspeed until it can be jailbroken.[/quote]

Are you able to try it on an iPhone 5 or iPad 4?[/quote]

No.

Ok. Thank you for the answers. Now I will hope for a jailbreak and n64 core for ios before Christmas :slight_smile:

Are we going to see other improvements with performance on the Shield with regards to RetroArch? What about the sound lag that Android 4.3 was supposedly able to bring down to somewhat more manageable levels? Also could this new OpenGL path be used to speed up or otherwise wring out more performance on any of the other emulators in RetroArch…I have so many questions about both the Nvidia Shield and RetroArch…don’t want to ask them all at once.

Shield - cant select option “dpad emulation” to none in TV mode - it gets stuck when toggled to “none” and literally starts automatically switching through the options, and I can’t stop it at ‘none’, any option but ‘none’. Very weird. Player 2 profile works correctly and select ‘dpad emulation’ to ‘none’ but its useless. As a result I can’t use analog sticks. Joypad is switched to ‘joypad+analog’ of course, but because of invalid ‘dpad emulation’ settings I can’t use analog sticks. NVidia Shield, no root. It’s the only working emulator and it’s epic but I need analog sticks. Maybe manual? Please help

Anyone know if you can bind the rewind/fast-forward functions to the back triggers for the nivdia shield?

Are we going to see other improvements with performance on the Shield with regards to RetroArch? What about the sound lag that Android 4.3 was supposedly able to bring down to somewhat more manageable levels? .[/quote]

You should take that up with Nvidia and Google, not me. Queryable frames per buffer still reports 1024 and ‘feature low audio latency’ still reports ‘no’, so it still sucks.

But then again Android audio latency sucks major-league in general compared to iOS. Sorry but it is the way it is. Perhaps if less Android fanboys start making pathetic excuses for the amateurish piece of dogshit company called Google, they could maybe get their shit together out of embarrassment and offer you something onpar with iOS. But as long as fanboys make their excuses for them, they can rest on their laurels knowing very well nobody is holding their feet to the fire.