NVidia Shield

Are we going to see other improvements with performance on the Shield with regards to RetroArch? What about the sound lag that Android 4.3 was supposedly able to bring down to somewhat more manageable levels? .[/quote]

You should take that up with Nvidia and Google, not me. Queryable frames per buffer still reports 1024 and ‘feature low audio latency’ still reports ‘no’, so it still sucks.

But then again Android audio latency sucks major-league in general compared to iOS. Sorry but it is the way it is. Perhaps if less Android fanboys start making pathetic excuses for the amateurish piece of dogshit company called Google, they could maybe get their shit together out of embarrassment and offer you something onpar with iOS. But as long as fanboys make their excuses for them, they can rest on their laurels knowing very well nobody is holding their feet to the fire.[/quote]

It’s the info on this thread that turned me on to the Mad Catz M.O.J.O. It shares a Tegra 4 processor and 2 gb of ram, like the shield. The only differences is sans a touch screen. It’s like an OUYA but with better internals.

Just wondering if I should expect similar performance? The only drag is that it’s on 4.2.2. But it’s routable now. Should I put a custom 4.3 or even 4.4 custom rom to enjoy some of the OPEN GL performance gains, that are mentioned on the N64 core, for instance?

Just wondering what people think, as far as how the unit I’m investing in should compare to that of the NVIDIA shield since they seem on paper to be very similar. Thanks for any feedback you guys can offer me! :slight_smile:

Anyone noticed performance in Kitkat 4.4.2 kind of sucks with retroarch? Side by side with my Nexus 5 retroarch on the Shield is noticeable worse now. Games do a lot of stuttering, though the audio remains fine. It looks the same as if frameskip were on.

I am thinking of trying to find a way back to Jellybean.

I’ve tested a bit on Shield recently, and it’s most likely wrong refresh rate being configured. Had same issues before I configured it properly. Dunno if you’re using the very latest build or not, though.

I’m using 1.0.0.2 from the play store. It was the wonderswan core as well when I noticed. I’m not sure if issues like that can be core specific or not.

Try using one of Iordasham builds. I’m using build 1.0.0.2-2014-05-28 and it works great, it has soft filter support too!

I’m also using the same build as you from lordasham. One thing I’d like help with is this issue when backing out of ROMs, I just can’t find a solution, instead I end up pressing the android home button and re-setting/killing the RA app:

Has anyone experienced a complete lack of audio when running RetroArch with the 5.0.1 update? I’ve tried both the Play Store and the nightly builds, and neither are providing me with any sort of audio (which was not an issue when running 4.4). Also, vertical games in MAME still seem to run in a 3:4 aspect when the tablet is in vertical orientation.

I’m using a recent nightly because the play store version no longer works with psx and n64 emulators on lollipop, BTW the nightly fixed psx, and the audio on 5.0.1 has been absolutely fine for me regardless of the emulator.