Occasional stutters with Snes cores using Crt Emudriver

I got retroarch to work with my Wega CRT Tv using Crt Emudriver and Super res, however, refresh rates doesn’t seems quite right on some Snes cores. It may affect others cores/systems but I’m not sure. On Snes cores the scrolling isn’t smooth as it should be, on higan core it stutters on every 8 secs or so. I guess its a refresh rate issue as the Snes’s one is 60.0988hz and retroarch’s Estimated Screen Framerate shows 60.002. Is there any way to run Snes cores with right framerate? Btw, I’m using this guide https://cdcruze.com/2019/03/retroarch-and-crt-emudriver-setup-guide/ as reference.

Hm. It shouldn’t stutter if you keep the “Sync to exact content framerate” setting disabled. (Settings->Frame Throttle).

Thanks, it helped! It’s not 100% smooth, I can notice very small stuttering on SMW but to be honest I can’t recall if it happens on the real hardware too. Btw, should I let it disabled for all cores?

Mario World and Earthbound have stutter in them even on a real console. Possibly other games too.

It’s the same on real HW. Another example is Castlevania 4. Some SNES games just have judder, it’s not the emulator.

Anyway, as that setting’s description says, do not enable it unless you have a display that can actually sync to the content framerate (meaning a freesync or gsync monitor.)

SMW is a little stuttery when Mario runs at his normal speed. If you press the run button, it’s smooth. I guess they synced the game with his running speed only.

This happens with quite a few games on any system. It’s game related though so it’s probably how it looks on real hardware.