On-screen keyboard dosbox-svn please!

I try most keyboard overlays in retroarch and most don’t have working numbers, shift characters, or same letter key randomly produces uppercase/lowercase letter. I know there are different options in dosbox.conf like usescancodes, keyb, keyboard layout, and keyboard codes. Does anybody know how to get a working keyboard overlay that works with dosbox-svn android retroarch? I wish I could find a keyboard overlay that lets me alternate between onscreen keyboard and onscreen gamepad with one onscreen key and lets me map the keys to the onscreen buttons and keys.

dosbox-pure just got a bunch of nice OSK features.

I appreciate your answer but schellingb is still ironing out broken vsync in his core. Other than that dosbox pure would be the answer.

Dosbox-svn is planned to be as raw and close to standalone as possible, so not going to happen. Dosbox-core is there to fill the void.

1 Like

Guess I’ll give regular dosbox a try then. Thanks for the help.

sonninnos added an on-screen keyboard to dosbox-core. Have you tried that yet?

I hope it lets me alternate between gamepad overlay and keyboard like dosbox pure. Also hope the vsync works as good as dosbox svn at least for 60 hertz games anyway. 70 Hertz is going to be hard to iron out but schellingb it’s working on it. I’ll go ahead and try the new keyboard… thanks for your help!

Just tried the new keyboard but when I bring it up it overlays the on screen gamepad and worst of all both overlays remain active at the same time causing input conflicts. Also I can’t get rid of the keyboard by pressing select, it just stays there.