Online updater doesn't work

So this is new. Every time I try to do anything with the online updater it says “task failed” after trying to extract the file. Already tried deleting the current retroarch config. Is there a particular folder structure that is needed for the updater to work?

no, at worst, you may need to set a ‘cache’ directory. Also, make sure you’re not in a location that requires elevated privs, like ‘Program Files’.

Did this start after a nightly update? If so, can you try a few recent builds to pinpoint when it happened?

Yeah I have no idea… I went ahead and made a new directory for the cache, and I tried moving the RA directory to different places to see if privileges were an issue, no luck there either. I think there might be a larger issue going on with how my privs are set up, I’m stumped though. :confused:

I’ll try playing around with some different builds later, see if that does anything.

1 Like

@hunterk

Tried a few different builds, all getting the same error.

Unexpected error 0x800004005

pops up on a few different files. Very strange. Going to try refreshing Windows 10 next, seems like some system files might be corrupted.

1 Like

Since I’m still too lazy to fix this, is there somewhere I can download the latest slang shaders as one zip file? (the one downloaded by the online updater gives me weird errors)

@hunterk

Sure, just head over to https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders and then click on the green ‘code’ button and you’ll see ‘download as zip’

1 Like