Online Updater not working on Wii U

Hello I just installed retroarch on my Wii U following the steps at wiiu.hacks.guide and cannot get it to update properly. It seems to be downloading the files but not extracting them as I had to download and add the assets folder to get the menu’s to display properly. I also seem to have a abridged list of cores to download as I am missing more high performance systems like the N64/Playstation and above. I am not sure what to do since I am using the Wii U and not the PC. I would also like to know how to add thumbnails for the games I have. I have heard the Wii U has issues downloading and would like to know if I can install all cores manually in my SD card as a potential workaround. -Thanks, let my know if anyone needs the situation clarified any.

The assets not downloading properly is a known issue that has hung around for an embarrassingly long time.

Unfortunately, there are no PSX or N64 cores for Wii U, so I suspect you’re seeing all of the cores that are available for it.

1 Like

Hmm, my mistake I thought I saw people online with those cores on Wii U, what about adding thumbnails and what is the purpose of the music tab. I added music to my sd card but I could not import it? -Thanks though