Only 1 core works

Hey guys, just installed RetroArch today and i’m running windows 10 64bit, first core i tried was an NES one (bnes) and everything seemed to be working fine, after that i tried all the gba cores and none of them would work i would try to run the rom and retroarch would simply close and nothing else happens, after that i wanted to try another NES core since bnes was having issues with castlevania, so i tried all of the other cores and none would work, i would try to run the rom and retroarch would close, the only core that runs is bnes. Yes i did delete bnes from the cores folder and all the other ones still would not run. Any ideas of what might be happening?

EDIT: Just tried a GBC core and it worked, but the issues with gba and NES continue…

Delete the retroarch.cfg file.

When you launch RetroArch again it will regenerate the file with default settings.

Also delete files in /config folder if there are any.

If you have any important settings, back up the file by making a copy first.

Did all of that but the problem still persists :confused:

Delete the retroarch-core-options.cfg file.

It will only regenerate if you set any core options while running a game.

Here’s a list of core files to download http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/

It may also be your rom is corrupt or not a supported format. Try running in another emulator, like BGB, Gambatte, and puNES to see if the rom works.

[QUOTE=wyzrd;45634]Delete the retroarch-core-options.cfg file.

It will only regenerate if you set any core options while running a game.

Here’s a list of core files to download http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/

It may also be your rom is corrupt or not a supported format. Try running in another emulator, like BGB, Gambatte, and puNES to see if the rom works.[/QUOTE]

I found a solution, it was not the roms or the cores themselves, i don’t know what caused it but what i did was: Copy my nes roms to another folder. Delete the roms inside the older folder. Scan new folder And… Voila it now lets me run my roms using other cores isntead of only bnes, it also worked for gba

but now i have duplicates showing up in my games list and i don’t any idea on how to remove them lol.

[QUOTE=Semusername;45636]I found a solution, it was not the roms or the cores themselves, i don’t know what caused it but what i did was: Copy my nes roms to another folder. Delete the roms inside the older folder. Scan new folder And… Voila it now lets me run my roms using other cores isntead of only bnes, it also worked for gba

but now i have duplicates showing up in my games list and i don’t any idea on how to remove them lol.[/QUOTE]

If you’re using a Playlist, I think it’s because it saved the location of the roms and the core dll’s to a file in /playlists.

Inside a Playlist file:

[B]C:\Path\To\Final Fantasy VI Advance.gba[/B]
Final Fantasy VI Advance
[B]C:\Path\To\RetroArch\cores\mgba_libretro.dll[/B]
mGBA
D708F5AB|crc
Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.lpl

Delete the file and then rescan.

Got it! Thanks for the help!