Oot mq n64 rom crash

The OoT MQ rom crashes when I open the start menu sometimes. Most of the time it just freezes and takes a while to open, but I was never able to play past the deku tree because the start menu would never open and freeze then crash. It probably could be because the rom is to powerful since it’s so much more to load than regular oot but it seems like more of the rom would lag if that were the case.

is perfect in my iphone 5S.

also when certain roms have issues change the cpu mode from dynarec to cache interpreter. both modes are faster in my 5S

I’m running it on my iPad mini w/ retina display I tried changing it to those settings but it didn’t work

The Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time? Do you mean the debug ROM that was leaked? Because there is no official Master Quest released for N64 (at least, not publicly anyway).

There are many versions of the debug MQ ROM available on the Internet, most of them have been modded in some way or another. Your version might have some patches applied that could be the cause of the issues, try finding another ROM from a different source and see if the issue persists. The long delay when opening the pause menu appears to be an issue with the original ROM, but crashing is not supposed to happen. I’ve tested this on iPad Air iOS 7.1.2 with no problems.

I’ve gotten it from three different sources but I can keep searching and it’s only actually crashed once the rest it just freezes for too long so I close the app and it deletes my save file

There wasn’t an official Master Quest release on a cartridge, but the game has been released on the GameCube. The Debug rom got leaked some time after that, meaning there is a total of four different releases of that game:

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (Europe) (GameCube Edition) Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (USA) (GameCube Edition) Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina GC Ura (Japan) (GameCube Edition) Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (USA) (Debug Edition)

All of them should work in RetroArch.

It’s an emulation issue, there are build-in cheats that should be preventing this from happening. The cheats are automatically applied when the emulator detects the game you are running by verifying its checksum, since it’s apparently not the case here it seems like your rom has indeed been tinkered with.