Open GL driver with Mednafen PSX HW core & screen size anomaly

If I select the Open GL driver, then the Medafen PSX HW core, then Open GL in core options, and set it to 4X internal resolution, i get only a quarter-sized screen (lower left of screen) in full screen mode when a PSX bin/cue file is loaded. Is there a fix for this? I have an issue with RocketLauncher giving me runtime errors when I use the Mednafen PSX HW core with multidiscs, so this is why I need to use Open GL, for now at least.

Using Nvidia 378.49 drivers.

I think that should only happen when you first change the resolution. If you close and then re-open the core, it should be fine, I think.

No, unfortunately closing and then reopening Retroarch with 4x internal resolution enabled doesn’t fix the issue. Still get the quarter screen. It runs fine at 1X native resolution however. Does anyone else have this issue?

ETA: Actually, only the BIOS screen is one-quarter size. Once it gets to the game’s main menu, it then becomes half-screen (left side only) with my 360 controller (set for DualShock in RA) locked out.

Same happens with Vulkan, though I get half in-game (left side), except for the bios which is only quarter.

I have a similar problem. There’s an issue open on github about it https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/136

So I think we’re just waiting for it to be fixed.

Running the Vulkan driver fixes the issue for me but, alas, I need to use Open GL in multidiscs for Mednafen PSX HW to work without runtime errors under RocketLauncher.

Same pbs for me on ArchLinux, Amd Fury with latest Amdgpu: I just see a portion of the screen when IR is over x1

Yeah I have the same. Works perfect with the software core but the FPS are at unplayable levels.